No FreeSync option in KG221Q

2»

Answers

• naman312010
    naman312010 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited May 2019
    @TaDaa Mode field shows Normal. The FPS remains locked in Overwatch even when changed fps limit to Display-based.
    The chopping is lower than I remember, probably because of cable.
  • naman312010

Tinkerer

The refresh rate changed very fast in the menu, though, but remained locked on 75Hz in game
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited May 2019
    @TaDaa I'm not defending anyone's friend! See this example, in which freesync is only enabled if the user has a hdmi 1.4, 2.0 cable or a display port cable:

There, and yes, I know the difference between g-sync and free-sync monitors my friend!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • @TaDaaUnfortunately, you are correct! According to the service guide of this model, the hdmi port of this is the 1.4! Also, scouring the service guide, I found no mention of compatibility with freesync!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited May 2019
    I believe this may vary depending on the region in which the monitor is sold! A template similar to the one you posted does not mention freesync, see:
    https://www.acer.com/datasheets/2017/4831/K2/MM.T8VAA.001.html
    https://www.acer.com/datasheets/2017/4831/K2/MM.T8VAA.002.html
    But mention adaptive sync!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Yes, it supports adaptive sync! I correct it before updating the page and checking its response. Look this: https://community.amd.com/thread/235770
    Maybe it will help him!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• OK my friend! I hope you can help him! However, I would just like to warn you that any changes made with the CRU, whether to change the native resolution or speed, could result in the loss of the factory warranty!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• naman312010

Tinkerer

@TaDaa I shall test it and get back to you tomorrow.
    @egydiocoelho thank you for sharing the links, but my issue differs from theirs, I guess.
    Anyway, I will confirm if CRU would actually cause issues before I go ahead with it.
    Thanks everyone!
  • I mean the resolution and speed that are made by the user, in addition to what is stipulated by the manufacturer! I'm not referring to the overclocking set by the monitor setting or any setting on the video card! I hope you have understood now! I consider this discussion closed!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

This discussion has been closed.