Resurrecting an AN515-51 from the parts bin

VisualGhoul
VisualGhoul Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi i've just bought a working aspire but unfortunately its missing parts.

What I wanted to know was whether I could use parts from the AN515-52 and AN515-53 in order to get it fully working again.

Supposedly it works fine, but is midding the SSD, HDD, HDD caddy and cable, Battery, charger, and base cover.

For the battery could I use one designated for the AN515-52?

Also, for the laptop base cover could i use one taken from an AN515-53 as I have seen one available? I can find one for the AN515-51 but it is missing the covers for ram and HDD.

The HDD cable and caddy isn't too much of an issue as I can just put in an M.2 but I would like to get one anyway  for the battery could I use one from the AN515-52?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Answers

• VisualGhoul

Tinkerer

Also if i were to use an AN515-52 battery, would I need an AN515-52 charger or AN515-51 charger?

Or is everything I am asking pointless if they are all the same, except for minor differences in spec.
  • Can you make a list of the parts you are looking for?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • VisualGhoul

Tinkerer

edited May 2019
    Can you make a list of the parts you are looking for?

Hi, I am looking for a battery, a charger, The entire base cover, HDD cable and caddy.

I am in the UK. 
  • tobimaru
    tobimaru Member Posts: 315 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    The batteries across all the Nitro 5's at the same AFAIK, 45Wh. All AC adapters are purple tip, 135W. You should be fine taking a battery from the 52, and the charger from the 51, for example.

The base covers may be unique, can't verify that personally.
  • Ok my friend:
    a) On the battery, an515-52 or an515-53 models will work on an515-51, see:

b) 
    On the power adapter, you will need the 135w adapter and the 135w dcin jack cable, as the an515-51 models only come with the gtx1050 or 1050ti video card! The an515-52 or an515-53 model adapters will work on the an515-51, see:

c) About the lower case, it looks like they are similar! But I'm not sure if the internal fittings are the same! However, all three models share the same hd port and also the hd caddy, see:

d)On the hd cable, if they are the same size, it must be compatible:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • VisualGhoul

Tinkerer

tobimaru said:
    The batteries across all the Nitro 5's at the same AFAIK, 45Wh. All AC adapters are purple tip, 135W. You should be fine taking a battery from the 52, and the charger from the 51, for example.

The base covers may be unique, can't verify that personally.
    Ok my friend:

b) On the power adapter, you will need the 135w adapter and the 135w dcin jack cable, as the an515-51 models only come with the gtx1050 or 1050ti video card! The an515-52 or an515-53 model adapters will work on the an515-51, see:

c) About the lower case, it looks like they are similar! But I'm not sure if the internal fittings are the same! However, all three models share the same hd port and also the hd caddy, see:

Thank you both for the quick and concise responses. I'm really glad I joined.
  • Post the result here!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• It can work yes!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• VisualGhoul

Tinkerer

Ok my friend:

b) On the power adapter, you will need the 135w adapter and the 135w dcin jack cable, as the an515-51 models only come with the gtx1050 or 1050ti video card! The an515-52 or an515-53 model adapters will work on the an515-51, see:

Do you have the part numbers for the items on the AN515-51. If I can I want to get the parts directly intended for the AN515-51. With the base cover i'm going to try the AN515-53 base cover. Mine has a 7300HQ and a GTX 1050
  • VisualGhoul

Tinkerer

Where can I find the part numbers for the AN515-51?
  • Check it my friend:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• VisualGhoul

Tinkerer

Check it my friend:

Thanks for the quick response. Could you give me the numbers for the HDD cable, battery and charger as well? 

Where can I find that PDF?
  • The battery and charger are the same on all three models! I already showed in the previous photo. This is the hdd cable sata, see:

Service guides are only available to ACE users!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• VisualGhoul

Tinkerer

Excellent thanks. I thought there may be a difference. I'll order the parts now.
  • You are welcome my friend!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• VisualGhoul

Tinkerer

Would there be any specific screws that I would need to order as I do not believe that any screws would be included with the parts?
  • Verify here my friend:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer