Predator Helios 300 G3-571-77QK Graphics Card Stopped Working

LightYear
LightYear Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi,
My laptop's graphics card GTX 1060 suddenly stopped working. In Device Manager, it shows an alert symbol next to the graphics driver.
This is what I tried to fix it so far:
- I uninstalled the graphics driver completely and reinstalled it.
- I used the GeForce Experience app to update the drivers. 
- Made sure Windows is updated

I realized that it might not be a driver issue. I have Ubuntu on dual-boot which also threw some errors when opening. It runs on the Nvidia card. The intel card is working fine.
I want to try fixing it myself because its out of warranty. Anything I can try to fix it?

Answers

• What error code does it display? Have you tried uninstalling and deleting the driver like this?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • LightYear

Tinkerer

Yes that's what I did while uninstalling. This is the error when I go to properties:
    Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

I googled the error code and found all the solutions to be reinstalling the driver which didn't work for me.

• Have you tried reinstalling windows by pressing alt + f10 before the Acer logo?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • LightYear

Tinkerer

I just did it. The NVIDIA card started work but the Intel graphics card has gone missing in the device manager. 

By default, it runs the Nvidia card. This will reduce battery life :(.

I am unable to find it anywhere in the device manager.
  • Verify that the Intel video card appears as a hidden device. By default, the notebook uses the intel video card because it is this video card that transmits the image to the notebook display:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer