Acer Spin 1 Laptop not Charging not Turning On

chilenachickpea
chilenachickpea Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
my Acer Spin 1 will not charge (no orange light) and will not power on (no blue light). I am not sure if this is due to lack of battery, meaning the laptop is so dead it needs time to reaccumulate battery or if this is a different, battery related issue. I was desperately searching for the infamous reset “pinhole” on the back of the laptop and there isn’t one. What do I do?

Answers

• What is the exact model of notebook? Example: V3-571!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • chilenachickpea
    What is the exact model of notebook? Example: V3-571!
    SP111-32N- C88M
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited September 2018
    Some notebook models do not turn on if the battery is badly connected! Is your notebook still under warranty? Did you test with another power adapter?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • chilenachickpea
    Some notebook models do not turn on if the battery is badly connected! Is your notebook still under warranty? Did you test with another power adapter?
    I do not have another adapter. I did not purchase warranty, does it come with a standard warranty? I bought it in March 2018. What do you mean by badly connected?
  • When you buy a notebook, it has a one-year warranty for hardware and ninety days for software!
    If the battery is misfed or disconnected, some notebook models do not power on:

However as your notebook is under warranty, I recommend that you contact the technical support of your country! What is your country of origin?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Gladstone
    Gladstone Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hope this helps. My Acer Spin wouldn’t charge either or work without being plugged in so I solved the issue. I removed the screws from the beneath the laptop took the bottom of and there I found a small push button next to the ram (memory) . This button should be in at all times however the rubber that should have been covering this button had somehow lost its grip so I placed some tape over the rubber which helps the button to be pushed in once the cover is screwed back on and bingo. Battery works and charges perfect 👌. 
  • ScottC7171
    ScottC7171 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Gladstone, Thank you!!! You just saved me the trouble of figuring out how to get my data off this laptop, and returning it! You, kind stranger, just made my day. 

Gladstone said:
    Hope this helps. My Acer Spin wouldn’t charge either or work without being plugged in so I solved the issue. I removed the screws from the beneath the laptop took the bottom of and there I found a small push button next to the ram (memory) . This button should be in at all times however the rubber that should have been covering this button had somehow lost its grip so I placed some tape over the rubber which helps the button to be pushed in once the cover is screwed back on and bingo. Battery works and charges perfect 👌. 

• @Gladston and @ScottC7171Would this be the correct location of the button?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• PapaG
    PapaG Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

my spin 1 started this today after the latest windows update It my be a different issue but my system is plugged in battery at 92% and it shows the the system is plugged in not charging, could the battery have gone bad and is there a way to check it.
    THANKS
    George :s:s
  • @PapaGI suggest you click "Ask a question" to create a new topic. Call me by putting the @ before my name!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• curubomba
    curubomba Member Posts: 1 New User
    There's no button, must be another model of spin 1  :'( same issue
  • @curubomba Ideally, you create a new topic by clicking Ask a question. Then add me by putting @!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer