Acer Nitro 5 slowing down like no tomorrow

CyrusO
CyrusO Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I bought this Acer Nitro 5 AN515-42-R9G7 (specs below) last April 7, 2019 and I am experiencing slowing down and its only been a month since I bought it. Here are some of the problems I am experiencing
1. When browsing, the cursor moves slow and when I type in the address bar the letters show up late.
2. When moving files from one place to another, I can only move one batch at a time, it doesn't allow me to move another batch if there is an ongoing move.
3. When troubleshooting windows update, it shows Service registration is missing or corrupt.
4. It went blue screen with a stop code of VIDEO TDR FAILURE and what failed is atikmpag.sys

I went back to where I bought this laptop and they said it only needed an update. After the update I tried to see if the problem is still happening and it does not anymore. Days passed and it is happening again. I hope you can help me identify what is the cause of this problem and is there anything I can do to  fix it. I tried to return it but they said it only has 7 day replacement. 

Here are the specs
Processor : AMD RYZEN 7 2700U quad-core processor (up to 2 MB L2 cache, up to 4 MB L3 cache, 2.2 GHz with Precision Boost up to 3.8 GHz, 15 W)
Memory : 8GB of DDR4 system memory, upgradable to 32 GB using two soDIMM modules
Storage : 128GB M.2 SSD + 1 TB 2.5-inch 5400 RPM
Graphics : AMD Radeon RX 560X with 4 GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM, supporting Shader Model 5.0, Microsoft DirectX 12, OpenGL 4.5, OpenCL 2.0
Operating System: Windows 10 Home

Answers

• Lord_Corvin
    Lord_Corvin Member Posts: 2 New User
    I would recommend a clean Windows reinstall first. If it doesn't help. RMA
  • CyrusO
    CyrusO Member Posts: 2 New User
    I would recommend a clean Windows reinstall first. If it doesn't help. RMA
    Will try. I will update you as soon as possible
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    There is no need to reinstall Windows 1st, this issue has been addressed and simpler solutions exist click the link below
    https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/video-tdr-failure-atikmpag-sys-windows-10-solved/

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited May 2019
    Wwhen you use the above link don't use the program "Driver Easy" go instead to AMD to update your drivers and either manually select the driver package or use the autodetect tool
    https://www.amd.com/en/support

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★