Will an SSD work?

eagle2731
eagle2731 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have a 1 TB HDD on my Nitro 5 laptop. I want to replace it with a 1 TB SSD since my HDD tends to fail and I have had to have my laptop sent in twice now in under a year. Will this work? 

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good Morning eagle2731 !

What exact model of your laptop?

By default, a 2.5 "Sata 3 SSD would have a storage capacity read limit only if the chipset or operating system imposed.
    In reports of users have already been successfully served up to 2Tb.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• eagle2731
    eagle2731 Member Posts: 5 New User
    The laptop is a AN515-53-52FA. i want to be able to replace the HDD with the m.2 SATA 1 TB SSD since the current hard drive fails about every three to fours months.
  • MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    The information I passed was referring to SSD Sata 3 standard 2.5 "

For SSD M.2 it has slot with support for Sata 3 and NVMe tested only up to 512Gb by Acer.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!