Acer Aspire V Nitro (VN7-571G) Backlit Keyboard not working

odawodaw12
odawodaw12 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited October 2023 in 2019 Archives
FN+F9 does nothing. It used to turn on. I have had to open laptop in the past to replace wireless card when it broke, was wondering if one of the cables connected to keyboard powers the backlight and it has become lose, causing the issue? I have also had to open laptop up in the past to fix keyboard cable from coming lose, so it's not like this hasn't happened before.

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Verify this photo my friend:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good night odawodaw12 !

Have you updated all the drivers?
    Is Acer Quick Access installed?
    Does it only run at the power outlet or the battery, too?
    Did you check the Bios if the check box option is enabled?

httpsusv-cdnnet6029997uploadseditordbfps7nvift40wpng
    Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• odawodaw12
    All drivers are up to date, Quick Access is installed but no option for keyboard, Laptop can run on internal battery power but keyboard does not turn on regardless of whether or not computer is plugged in, and I can boot into BIOS but those options are not shown in my BIOS menu.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • odawodaw12
    Thank you so much! That is definitely one of the cables that was lose previous. I will attempt to fix it shortly and let you know if it works!
  • odawodaw12

This cable was indeed the issue! Thank you so much!
  • Was it badly connected or something?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer