STUTTERING IN MOST GAMES, ACER NITRO 5 AN515-42

carlmolina9
carlmolina9 Member Posts: 22 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
i have been experiencing drops in fps on any game like AC: Unity, the range is between 40 to 15 fps for every 3 seconds. Anyone experiencing this?

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good Morning carlmolina9 !

What exact model of your laptop?
    Are all your drivers properly updated?
    Is the device set to High Performance in the Windows power options?
    Are you playing plugged into the power outlet?
    Is the battery 100% charged when you start playing?
    Ever tried to check the updates or patches of the game?
    Have you tried removing the game and reinstalling it again?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• carlmolina9
    edited May 2019
    It's an Acer Nitro 5 equipped with Ryzen 5 2500U and RX 560X, i've also noticed that my peak gpu temps are at 90 degrees celsius, and yes i've already did what you said above. @MaClane

• MaClane
    What model EXACT?
    Example: Nitro 5 AN515-42-R5GT

This processor model has a maximum safe TDP of 95 ° C

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• carlmolina9
    AN515-42-R8HN here's the model
  • rahulpareek9250
    rahulpareek9250 Member Posts: 119 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    i have been experiencing drops in fps on any game like AC: Unity, the range is between 40 to 15 fps for every 3 seconds. Anyone experiencing this?
    installed latest adernaline 19.x.x drivers set cpu and gpu to high performance via nitrosense plug in laptop and then play you won't notice lags also check radeon universal setting you can find more about it on amd forum on how to tweek graphic card
  • carlmolina9
    The thing is, the problem seems to show up when i installed the latest adrenalin, now i'm using relive and the fps drops stopped. I'm using the 17.7 version, is there any way to solve this? pls helpp
  • MaClane
    Versions 19.3.1 and 19.3.3 are quite stable.
    Possibly in your case some incompatibility with another driver or controller.
    If your system is stable at 17.7 I suggest you keep it until another version is released.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• MaClane
    There is a tutorial created by a user in the portuguese community forum to enable games on AMD + RADEON systems.

You can perform a test:

1- Update all the drivers of your machine;
    2- Uninstall the Radeon drivers completely using this application: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-601
    and install this new patch with several fixes and optimized from Arenalin: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-3-1
    3- Configure your machine as follows:

httpsusv-cdnnet6029997uploadseditor8mtk336f1z74cpjpg
    httpsusv-cdnnet6029997uploadseditorfvskp3mtij7e35jpg

httpsusv-cdnnet6029997uploadseditor4ddw3l1as8rl4zjpg

Images with the Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.3.1 release, released March 3, 2019.
    Now with the return of the "System" or "System" tab, where you can access the menu "Switchable Graphics" or "Change Graphics Features".

In this menu, it will list the Recent Applications and also gives the option of Add Program. Here you will have the tab (bottom set), where you can choose between "Power Saving" or "Power Saving", "High Performance" and "Based in Power Source", which is the alternation between depending on the power consumption and processing of the application or game you are using.

According to the Release Notes of this release of Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.3.1, released March 3, 2019 (https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win- 19-3-1), the AMD RADEON Configuration Program understands that if you check the "Power Saving" option, the system will redirect the graphics processing to the APU, which is R7, just as if "High Performance" option, the system will understand that it is giving the instruction to use the graphics card for the task, in my case, the GPU of the RX 540.

You must start a game, one by one, and set them to "High Performance".

System Settings:

Power plan must be set to "High Performance", under "Power Options" of Windows 10, the "Minimum Performance Status" setting is set to 98% on the battery and power jack, "System Cooling" set to "Active" on the battery and the power outlet, and the "Maximum Performance Status" set to 98% on the battery and the power outlet.
    Always let the battery charge at 100% before running a game or application that requires more performance.
    Set the battery to high performance mode as well.

Look here:

- Go to Windows "Power Options"
    - Create a profile of "HIGH PERFORMANCE"
    - Once created, go to "Change plan settings"
    - Enter "Change advanced power settings"
    - Inside, leave the "Processor Power Management" like this:

httpsusv-cdnnet6029997uploadseditorfefonm72abvilcpng

- Okay, shut it, save it, okay.
    - Open the game and start
    - Quit the game, quit, quit all of it
    - Open AMD Settings
    - Go to "System" or "System"
    - Last tab "Switcheable Graphics", whatever the translation of this tab
    - There, in "Recent Applications", will be the game that you started, the .exe of it.
    - Set it to "High Performance" or "High Performance"
    - Close AMD Settings
    - It was not necessary in my case, but if you want, you can restart the notebook.
    - Open your game and test.

Note: Adapting the tutorial created and tested by the user TheNightPorter

INFORMATION:
    Several users have already reported that version 19.3.3 is much more optimized and fixed several exchange errors between APU and GPU.
    https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-3-3

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• tobimaru
    tobimaru Member Posts: 315 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    It's an Acer Nitro 5 equipped with Ryzen 5 2500U and RX 560X, i've also noticed that my peak gpu temps are at 90 degrees celsius
    The 1050 Ti version of the Nitro 5 runs 25-30C cooler at load. 90C is well within throttling territory for the GPU. Because the GPU and CPU share heatpipes and heatsinks within the Nitro 5 they will heat soak each other to the point of failure. 

I would try removing any dust or hair from the heatsinks within the laptop. I'd then heavily consider a re-paste of the CPU/GPU with better thermal paste. You should be idling 30-40C and peaking 70-80C. At least, that's what many Nitro 5 models can achieve with some work. 

• Vinay987
    Vinay987 Member Posts: 20 Networker
    The thing is, the problem seems to show up when i installed the latest adrenalin, now i'm using relive and the fps drops stopped. I'm using the 17.7 version, is there any way to solve this? pls helpp
    Same problem with my laptop also
  • carlmolina9
    Maybe I'll just settle for the version 17.7 for a moment. Thanks guys