Speaker not working

Wulvz
Wulvz Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi my speaker is not working after 1 month of use. Sound is there when using headphone, but speaker does not work after I remove my headphone. seems like a hardware/speaker failure. What should I do, I tried updating driver, uninstalling, changing settings etc. but still not working.

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,328 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    >>>Hi my speaker is not working after 1 month of use.>>>

OK. Let's try this. Open Control Panel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point' in left pane. Click 'system restore' button. Click 'next'. Look for and select an automatic restore point with a date stamp about the day when you first noticed the speaker was silent. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Kev0806
    Kev0806 Member, Parts Partner Posts: 89 Authorized Parts Partner
    Answer ✓
    Just in Case, here is a link where you can find the part number and purchase your speakers should you need to. 
    https://sourceitstore.com/products/predator-g3-571-speaker-set-left-and-right-23-q28n2-001

Good luck. 
    SourceITstore.ca
    "How Can We Help?"
    Your Partners in IT
    866-414-9303

Answers

• JackE
    When your right-click speaker tray icon and click playback devices, what does popup look like? If green checkmark like below, turn speakers on by pressing FN+F8. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Wulvz

Tinkerer

It was enabled and unmuted. Volume at 100 currently. Just I noticed now that there is a popping sound every second, but not so loud. I was only able to hear during night when it is very silent.

• JackE
    edited May 2019
    Sorry. i posted wrong picture. Stay tuned. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Try this. Shut the laptop completely off. Then gently and repeatedly "insert & remove" headphone plug into laptop jack for about ten times. The purpose is to try to clean dirt and corrosion on the jack's internal contacts which must be electrically-closed when the headphone plug is removed in order to activate the speakers. Then turn the laptop back on and test the speakers. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Wulvz

Tinkerer

Done it for 15minutes but still no luck.
  • JackE
    What is your full model number? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Wulvz

Tinkerer

PH315-51-716N

i7 8750H @2.20Ghz 2.21Ghz
    GTX 1060 6GB

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    >>>Hi my speaker is not working after 1 month of use.>>>

OK. Let's try this. Open Control Panel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point' in left pane. Click 'system restore' button. Click 'next'. Look for and select an automatic restore point with a date stamp about the day when you first noticed the speaker was silent. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Wulvz

Tinkerer

Ok im presently doing restoration but im stuck here for 1 hr already. My laptop goes to sleep after 15mins so i need to keep moving my mouse to keep it running. Should i restart coz i think it is not going anywhere.
  • JackE
    You might still be able to minimize the restore screen while it's running and edit your Control Panel power plan so it  never goes to sleep. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Kev0806
    Kev0806 Member, Parts Partner Posts: 89 Authorized Parts Partner
    Answer ✓
    Just in Case, here is a link where you can find the part number and purchase your speakers should you need to. 
    https://sourceitstore.com/products/predator-g3-571-speaker-set-left-and-right-23-q28n2-001

Good luck. 
    SourceITstore.ca
    "How Can We Help?"
    Your Partners in IT
    866-414-9303
  • Wulvz

Tinkerer

The restoration was not done succesfully, so i need to do it again and select another restore point. I will first change the power option and put sleep to never before doing it again.
  • JackE
    OK. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Wulvz

Tinkerer

Hi, so I completely done restore point 1 week before speaker sound was gone. The situation are still same, speaker is not working. In the meantime I will use head phone or external speaker then I will bring my Predator to a service center once I got back to my country. Thank you so much for your help Jack E
  • JackE
    Sorry it didn't work out. Sounds like the speaker ribbon cable connector probably has come loose from or needs to be re-seated on the mainboard. The bottom cover must be removed to access this connector. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Wulvz

Tinkerer

Hi Jack,

I would like to do that but I don't want to void my warranty period. I will use head phone and external speaker for the meantime until I can bring it to the service center. 

Thanks
  • JackE
    Good plan. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ