slow bright(a715-72g )

Mike000
Mike000 Member Posts: 22

Tinkerer

edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
does the acer aspire a715-72g have a slow brightness adjustment or is it simply the on display software in the store slowing the brightness control?

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Not clicking the key. It's only when you press & hold the key, it momentarily doesn't move. Then less than a second later it starts to move fairly fast if you're still holding the key down. Go back to the store and test the display machine. See how it works compares to other models you might know. That's the only way you're gonna know for sure. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    That's exactly the problem. No two machine's software, setup & behavior is exactly alike unless it's a factory-fresh delivered machine. Nevertheless, it's doubtful the store display will behave much different than a factory-fresh machine. So if you're not happy with the store display's brightness control, you should probably not get a factory fresh one or go to another store. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    edited May 2019
    Usually pretty fast if you simply use the FN+RightArrow> or FN+LeftArrow< key cominations. At least on my machine.  As fast as I can press the combo keys. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Mike000

Tinkerer

I'm having this problem with the volume on the top of the keyboard model.
  • JackE
    Volume key doesn't control brightness. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Mike000

Tinkerer

I meant brightness located on top where the numbers are.
  • JackE
    Which key or keys below are you trying to control brightness? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Mike000

Tinkerer

f3 and f4. 
  • Mike000

Tinkerer

I noticed a lag response when you click brightness fast in sequence.
  • JackE
    Normal behavior. You can try pressing & holding the F3 or F4 key to see if it momentarily lags while still pressing the key then automatically speeds up through the brightness levels. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Mike000

Tinkerer

Does it momentarily lag? I dont know what you mean.
  • Mike000

Tinkerer

edited May 2019
    Does it have a smooth response like the spin 5 or does it kind of jump, glitch, lag and go slow when clicking fast?
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Not clicking the key. It's only when you press & hold the key, it momentarily doesn't move. Then less than a second later it starts to move fairly fast if you're still holding the key down. Go back to the store and test the display machine. See how it works compares to other models you might know. That's the only way you're gonna know for sure. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Mike000

Tinkerer

actually you didnt answer the question.
  • Mike000

Tinkerer

Would you be able to find out about the spin 5 15 inch brightness adjustment speed?
  • JackE
    >>>Does it have a smooth response like the spin 5 ...?>>>

>>>Would you be able to find out about the spin 5...?>>>

Sorry. I thought we were discussing the A715-72G, not the Spin5. That's why I suggested that you go back to the store and test the smoothness of the display A715-72G for yourself. Only you can be the judge of how it compares. Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• Mike000

Tinkerer

Could you send me a clip of the screen while you're adjusting the brightness . That's the way i'll know for sure.
  • JackE
    Sorry no. Go back to the store displays and test them for yourself. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Mike000

Tinkerer

I know but i'm claiming that on display software might be slowing it down.
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    That's exactly the problem. No two machine's software, setup & behavior is exactly alike unless it's a factory-fresh delivered machine. Nevertheless, it's doubtful the store display will behave much different than a factory-fresh machine. So if you're not happy with the store display's brightness control, you should probably not get a factory fresh one or go to another store. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ