Which chromebook should I get

swimjosh
swimjosh Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi, I am going to be going to GeorgiaTech as a D1 swimmer for mechanical engineering this summer and have recently purchased a very expensive gaming/school laptop for myself. What I need now is a chromebook that I can take with me to class and to the pool to get most of my work not engineering related done without worrying about breaking/losing/damaging/getting stolen. I am looking for a 2-1 cheap chromebook under 400$ that I can use the touchscreen to write notes with a stylus. There seem to be a lot of chromebooks that acer makes but which one is the best for me? Yes I know the limitations of a chromebook and chrome OS as I have been using a dell one as my primary laptop for the past 4 years (I know, its crazy it lasted this long) but what I love is the durability and ease of use and how good it is with chrome and google services. let me know what you think, thanks.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,444 Trailblazer
    >>>I have been using a dell one as my primary laptop for the past 4 years>>>
    Whatsa matter with the Dell? No pen? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• swimjosh
    swimjosh Member Posts: 2 New User
    JackE said:
    >>>I have been using a dell one as my primary laptop for the past 4 years>>>
    Whatsa matter with the Dell? No pen? Jack E/NJ

it was one of the first chromebooks, it has very limited app support, all my friends are having theirs falling apart and it runs super slow with more than 4 tabs open at once. It also does not have a touchscreen or pen so the only thing it is meant for it doesn't do very well.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,444 Trailblazer
    Here's a list of laptops and tablets that currently support an active stylus. https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/42675  The CP and some R models are chromebooks. The powered pens are allegedly better than the unpowered pens that can sometimes be picked up at DollarGeneral. Mobile pen performance in general seems to be on par with an etch-a-sketch and ShopRite's signature scanners.  All quite underwhelming --- at least to me. :)  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ