Acer Spin 3 Sp315-51 ghost Touches problem

FaizanAshraf
FaizanAshraf Member Posts: 3 New User
I have been using my Acer spin 3 sp315-51 i7 for about 2 years and never had any problem with it. But last week, it started giving ghost touches on my screen. I am doing my college work and suddenly on the right side on the screen multiple touches starts to appear in the vertical position and it messes up everything on show. When I close the lid and open it again, it disappears and reappears after 10 minutes or so. Besides disabling the touch screen, what can I do to fix this problem?

Answers

• Has this problem happened after some windows update? Have you tried to calibrate the touchscreen? Have you tried cleaning the touchscreen?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • FaizanAshraf
    Has this problem happened after some windows update? Have you tried to calibrate the touchscreen? Have you tried cleaning the touchscreen?
    there usually updates once a month and get installed automatically. Yes, I have calibrated the screen and cleaned the touch screen but no results.
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • FaizanAshraf
    yeah, I read the post and tried those methods but it did not work. I also tried resetting my device but it also did not work. I wonder if I install windows with bootable drive, would this problem disappear? Also if my warranty for the product ended about a year ago, now if I send my laptop to Acer, Do I have to pay? if so how much? and Does not hardware is under lifetime warranty?
  • If there is a restore point before the day the problem occurred, you can restore the notebook! Do you know if windows was updated before presenting the problem? About the warranty, I believe you must pay to ship the product! Also try reinstalling windows 10 by pressing alt + f10 before the Acer logo. But you need to backup your files as a precaution!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• civilwar
    civilwar Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have had the same problem with my laptop! Ghost touch screen taps on the right side of my screen :/

Has anyone found a solution to this?
  • @civilwarIdeally you create a new topic by clicking Ask a question! Add me by putting the @!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ccormeny
    ccormeny Member Posts: 1 New User
    Having the same problem with my notebook.  Has Acer provided any technical support to fix it?
  • @corccomany Ideally, you should create a new topic by clicking "ask a question". Add me by putting an @.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• mariettauser
    mariettauser Member Posts: 1 New User
    My spin 3 is doing this as well.  Flashing circles in a vertical line about 2 inches from the left side.  Open and closes and re-sizes windows by itself.  I re-installed drivers and it still happens.  Had to disable the touchscreen human interface.  At least I can use it in laptop mode, but would like a fix for it!  Let me know if anyone knows of a resolution.
  • @mariettauserIdeally, you create a new topic by clicking ask a question. Add me by putting an @.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Martin636363
    Martin636363 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi, my girlfriend's Acer SP315-51 is also doing this since this week.
    Symptoms are very much like the ones before - on a vertical line on the right side of her screen she is also seeing ghost touches. The only way to stop it is to put the laptop to sleep and to disable the touchscreen's device after.
    Any help for this? She really uses the touchscreen a lot when scrolling through documents.
  • Version 1.03 of the bios reports something about "fixed power control". Have you already updated to the latest version?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Bjornout
    Bjornout Member Posts: 2 New User
    I'm experiencing the same issue. On the left side vertically I see very rapid ghost touches, up and down, which results in all my pages jumping up and down and zooming in.  It seems to be a hardware issue, cause when I change the stance of my screen (moving a bit forth and back) the ghost touching stops. Also working with my Acer on my lap (while on the couch) the ghost touching happens way more.
  • @BjornoutI suggest you ask a new question.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer