E5-771G-567T. and Kingston SSD disk A1000 240GB PCIe x2 NVMe

Answers

• ZimnyPorter
    ZimnyPorter Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
    @egydiocoelho
    The same situation is when is only SSD, HDD is disconnect.
  • ZimnyPorter
    @egydiocoelho
    The same situation is when HDD is disconnect. BIOS do not see SSD.
  • Have you tried resetting the internal battery?
    https://youtu.be/NfhgnxUJoZo
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ZimnyPorter
    Battery reset not help. Intel rst driver recognized only HDD and DVD.
  • If windows is identifying the ssd, then the bios was also to recognize, because it is the bios itself that makes the identification of all the hardwares that are connected to the notebook, through POST! Have you checked if converting ssd manually to gpt, if it solves the problem?

This will erase all files!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ZimnyPorter
    No SSD device when laptop is started:

• ZimnyPorter
    SSD disk is GPT.

• OK! Let's test the following:
    a) Now convert ssd to mbr and format it to fat32:

b) then go to the bios and in boot mode select the legacy mode and then press f10 to save when exiting! enter the bios again and make sure ssd is recognized!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Diskpart looks OK --- both disks show GPT partitioning. If BIOS INFO tab in UEFI mode does not show both disks, BIOS firmware probably has an issue. Should be reported. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ZimnyPorter
    @JackE
     How to report BIOS issue?
  • One question: Is there an option called sata mode in the bios main section?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ZimnyPorter
    @egydiocoelho  screens:
    Main
    Advanced

Advanced>SATA Configuration

Advanced>PCI Express Configuration

• Uow! This is an unlocked bios! I believe that is the problem! Press f9 to restore the bios and f10 to save on exiting! Make sure ssd is detected!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    Is BIOS still in Legacy mode? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ZimnyPorter
    Legacy or UTEFI mode the same effect. Question is that does motherboard supported PCIe/NVMe specification.
  • Must support yes! If it did not, it would not be recognized by windows!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    No. m2 SATA3 speeds. NVME may not work/fit properly in m2 SATA slot. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• It check with hwinfo64 this information:
    Resultado de imagem para hwinfo64 ssd nvme

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE
    Strange? Specs only list "First HDD: 320 / 500 / 750 GB / 1 TB, 2.5-inch 5400 RPM; or SSD: 120 / 256 GB, SATA 6 Gb/s". Replacements also only list m2 SATAs. NVMEs can be finicky. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ZimnyPorter
    From hwinfo64 

On SSD slot is no implemented.