Acer Aspire E 15 with Windows 10 doesn't wake up from sleep

bmoodie
bmoodie Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

My Acer Aspire E 15, with Windows 10, doesn't wake up from sleep. The power light remains on, and sometimes the keyboard is lighted too, but the screen is blank. Attaching to an external monitor doesn't help either. I have to do a hard reset by holding down the power button until the power light goes off. This happens several times a day, and has been a problem since I purchased the computer. I actually sent it back to the Acer laptop repair center, and they tightened some cable and then returned it. I suspect the problem is with Windows 10 interacting with the machine. Super frustrating. 

Answers

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Hello @bmoodie

If you can give me your complete model number, I will hopefully be able to help you solve your sleep/hang problem.  Also please tell me if your laptop originally came with Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.  

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • bmoodie

Tinkerer

edited May 2019
    Hi, Jordan - Thanks so much for offering to help!  I'm not sure what number precisely you need, but here's everything on my label: E5-576G-5762 MFG date: 2018/06/26
    S/N: NXGTSAA005xxxxxxxx
    SNID: 82603xxxxxx
    and the laptop came with Windows 10 Home.

[Edited by Moderator]
  • JordanB
    edited May 2019
    Can you check which BIOS version you have?

To check your current BIOS version you type "system information" in the windows search bar....and click it.

• bmoodie

Tinkerer

BIOS Version/Date Insyde Corp. V1.47, 9/6/2018

• JordanB
    Ok thanks.

I asked @Jazee in the topic below to see if he fixed it.  Hopefully Jazee will respond and give a quick fix.  So for now, let's wait for Jazee.  :)

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/549336/e5-576g-sometimes-screen-only-doesnt-wake-from-sleep-no-display-after-wakeup#latest

• JordanB
  • bmoodie

Tinkerer

Thanks, Jordan - I downloaded the two drivers/programs linked to by the Brazilian fellow.  I'm not yet sure whether it solves the problem, but I'll report back tomorrow on how things seem to be going...
  • JordanB
    Ok great.  Hopefully the updated drivers will fix it.  
    I'll give you a link to the drivers and Acer support page too.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers
  • JordanB
    edited May 2019
    The latest Intel VGA driver for Windows 10 1809 for your model is below.  I think the Intel VGA driver from this link is outdated.  Probably better to install the latest.....

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7333?b=1

I should have mentioned, I always uninstall/delete my old Intel VGA driver first from Device Manager before installing a new driver.  If you have more than one Intel VGA driver, you may have to repeat the process.

• bmoodie

Tinkerer

Hi, Jordan - My downloads of the Brazilian gent's suggestions doesn't seem to have worked, so I'll try these ones next...  Thanks for all the pointers!  I'll probably get around to it early next week.  
  • JordanB
    edited May 2019
    ok sounds good.  I'll give you a step-by-step as to what I would do.

1. Download the latest Intel VGA driver from Acer's website ver. 24.20.100.6286
    2. Uninstall/delete your old Intel VGA graphics driver from Device Manager (repeat this process if necessary)
    3. Install the latest Intel VGA driver that you downloaded in step 1
    4. After you install the latest Intel VGA driver, it should solve the problem.
    5. If for some reason it doesn't, I would go ahead and update the BIOS to the latest.  If you need help updating the BIOS, just ask.  :)
  • Brian18188181
    Brian18188181 Member Posts: 2 New User
    bmoodie, were you able to fix this by changing the driver? I'm having the identical problem with the same laptop model. Thank you!
  • CR_tx
    CR_tx Member Posts: 1 New User
    Having the same problem.  Is there a fix for this?
  • bonfire
    bonfire Member Posts: 1 New User

my acer Aspire ZS600G windows 10 does not wake up from sleep with keyboard or mouse. if I leave it on it does not go to sleep . I tried everything from google or you tube solutions nothing worked. it is very frustrating and there is no support or help from Acer company. what can I do other than throwing away Acer and go to a different pc?

• haroldg12
    haroldg12 Member Posts: 4 New User
    I'm having the same issue.  I had this issue before and I was able to fix it, but it was a year ago and I forgot the process. This issue popped up again about 2 weeks ago and I"ve been having issues trying to fix this.   I tried going into power options and messing with it,  but that didn't work. I tried taking off hibernation(which I use) and restarting my laptop twice, but that didn't work.  I tried changing unchecking "turn on fast startup" , but that didn't work. I tried going into adv. settings under power options and into PCI Express to turn off "Link state power management" for both "on battery" and "plugged in", but that didn't work either.  Does anyone have a solution to this?  I have an Acer laptop.  Aspire E 15(E5-576G-5762).  I even tried updating drives, but the drivers are all from 2017.  I was able to update the BIOS to the most recent one, but that didn't fix my issue.  
  • Bokosama
    Bokosama Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi All, 
    For now I have disabled sleep and fast boot at all from my power plan, and do not have issues anymore. 
    Before that, I upgraded to the latest BIOS, the latest intel driver and latest Nvidia driver, but without success. 
  • JBBF
    JBBF Member Posts: 1 New User
    Any one find a solution to this? Im having same problem Aspire e 15 E5 576G 5762. Key board lights up, but will not boot up any further.
  • RamblinMan
    RamblinMan Member Posts: 1 New User
    I've fought with this same issue for many months. Here's what I did that seems to have eliminated the problem for me. I say eliminated, not corrected, because I simply disabled features that should be available to acer owners. By not using the features, the sleep problem doesn't arise.
    Choose "power options" from the control panel / Change when the computer sleeps / Put the computer to sleep, select "never" for both on battery and plugged in options. Next, in the same window, click "Change advanced settings for this plan". Expand "Hard disk" , "Turn off hard disk after..." select "never" for both on battery and plugged in options. In this same window, expand "Sleep". Expand "Sleep after..." make sure both choices are set to "never". Expand "Allow hybrid sleep". Make sure both choices are set to "Off". Expand "Hibernate" make sure both choices are set to "Off".
    After making these changes I haven't had any problem.
    Just an FYI - I have my display set to turn off after 10 minutes while on battery and 30 minutes when plugged in and this feature still works correctly.