throttling at .38 ghz Acer 515-42

DanRItchie
DanRItchie Member Posts: 8 New User
edited January 2019 in Members Lounge
I have 2 laptops.  One is an Acer 515-42 and the other is a Lenovo Ideapad 330S15ARR
and both machines ran well for a few weeks, but suddenly, neither machine will clock above .38 ghz when on battery power, no matter what power plan or setting.

Comments

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited January 2019
    This user reported that updating bios to version 1.08 fixed this problem, see: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/605892/#Comment_605892
    On the lenovo model, I suggest downloading the model bios here: https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/7wcn30ww.exe
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • I checked that you posted on other topics! Have you tried my tips?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • DanRItchie
    DanRItchie Member Posts: 8 New User
    I got a bios update on my Lenovo ideapad 330s and that fixed the problem on that machine, but still no update from Acer, and the .38 ghz problems continues on the Nitro 515-42.  I've seem some bluescreens due to TDR error on the video card, but stuck with ancient VGA drivers too.

• What is the uefi firmware version? 1.13?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer