Acer Swift 3 SF315-52-534X upgrade question

engltayl
engltayl Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Could anybody help. I am thinking of buying a Acer Swift 3 SF315-52-534X (NX.H1MED.002) Which has 8Gb of ram and a 2Tb SATA hard drive.

Can i add an SSD drive?
If so could this be a NVMe and bootable and use the 2Tb as a secondary storage drive?
Does it have 2 memory slots and what the maximum amount of memory that can be installed?

Appreciate any help.

Thanks

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited March 2019 Answer ✓
    According to the service guide, this model supports both nvme and sata 3, see:

However, I'm not 100% sure that your model supports NVVME!
    Since this model has a m2 entry, you can leave the hd as a secondary unit!
    On ram, see this:

However, some came with ddr3L. Use aida64 to confirm this information and also make sure that the ram memory slots are actually available!
    https://www.acer.com/datasheets/2018/4876/SF315-52/NX.H1MED.002.html
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited March 2019 Answer ✓
    According to the service guide, this model supports both nvme and sata 3, see:

However, I'm not 100% sure that your model supports NVVME!
    Since this model has a m2 entry, you can leave the hd as a secondary unit!
    On ram, see this:

However, some came with ddr3L. Use aida64 to confirm this information and also make sure that the ram memory slots are actually available!
    https://www.acer.com/datasheets/2018/4876/SF315-52/NX.H1MED.002.html
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • engltayl
    Great thanks. 

Do you know if its simple to install a fresh copy of windows 10 onto a new SSD without buying another copy of windows?

Thanks

• I'd rather use some program like macrium reflect, which will do an exact cloning of the operating system that is on HD!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Be aware that putting an M.2 SSD in does require quite a bit of tear down, it's not just remove a cover and plugin...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • miran_da_bear
    miran_da_bear Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
    engltayl said:
    Great thanks. 

Do you know if its simple to install a fresh copy of windows 10 onto a new SSD without buying another copy of windows?

Thanks

Did you install the SSD? Does NVMe SSDs work?
  • engltayl
    Yes I did. I removed all drives. Turned off optane. Installed Samsung 512Gb SSD and then did a fresh install of Windows 10 off a USB stick. Then I put HHD back in and formatted it. Seemed to work great.