Headset microphone doesnt work Aspire vx 15

KacperSowa
KacperSowa Member Posts: 5 New User
edited October 2023 in Gaming Accessories
Hi guys,

I have a Acer Aspire vx 15 laptop with windows 10. I’ve recently bought a gaming headset with microphone (Razer Kraken Pro).

The issue here is that when i plug it in my laptop, my sound works very well but my microphone does not react. Only my internal microphone works. I plugged this headset in my other laptop and the mic worked there, so why doesnt it work on my acer laptop? When i plug in the headset it doesnt show up in the output or input devices (yes i have enabled to show the disabled devices).

I have tried these things to fix the issue:
- updating the drivers
- updating windows
- updating realtek manager
- uninstalling realtek and installing it again
- i even reinstaller my windows, and the microphone still doesnt work.

Im clueless right now and i hope you guys can help me with this issue.

Answers

• have you tried to select here:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • KacperSowa
    edited April 2019
    Yes i’ve tried this. I cant select headset though. I can only choose between: microphone and headphones. When i choose  microphone, the microphone on my headset works, but the sound doesnt. And when i choose the headphones option, the microphone doesnt work and the sound does.

I have updated the realtek drivers to the latest, still nothing.
  • does not appear an option called headset?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • KacperSowa
    No, only headphones, which when chosen doesnt support a microphone output
  • Have you tried uninstalling and deleting the driver in the device manager and then restarting the notebook?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• KacperSowa
    Yes, i did this multiple times, and restarted my notebook multiple times, didnt help. I have also tried to download and install the newest version of the realtek driver from realtek website. Also didnt help. I have reinstalled windows to see if that helped, but it didnt.
  • Is there a button to activate the microphone?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• KacperSowa
    Yes i’m aware of that, the button is enabled. When i plug this headset in my other notebook it works without any issue.
  • Try updating the drivers with the driverbooster program to verify that the most current realtek driver solves the problem!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• What is the input of your headset?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• BaequeenCat
    BaequeenCat Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited February 2021
    Hello, I was following your steps and I found where the first one is, but as soon as I go onto control panel, I cant find anything to do with Realtek and I really need to find where the setting is to make sure it askes me what type I'm plugging into because I use speakers and headsets and its really annoying because people on calls cannot hear me when my mic OR my speaker is in. I have a acer Spin 1 touch screen laptop if that helps at all.
  • @BaequeenCatI suggest you ask a new question.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

This discussion has been closed.