The BIOS latest update is broke Nitro 5 AN 515-52

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    You should enter the bios by pressing f2 as soon as you turn on the notebook! Then go to the main section and check that there is an option for the backlit keyboard!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MartinusAngger
    MartinusAngger Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    IronFly said:
    i highlighted the issue, hang tight.
    there is a temporary way to update bios, manually by using the device manager just like the one @egydiocoelho said. so this case might be pinned as a temporary way to update the bios on Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52 because I tried the method @egydiocoelho said and succeeded
  • Great, my friend! Accept my answer to put the topic as solved!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    v 1.25 did not solve the keyboard backlight issue. did it work for anyone
    Did you F2 on bootup and enter the BIOS settings to disable Keyboard off under the General tab? 

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• MartinusAngger
    MartinusAngger Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    egydiocoelho
    but still, Acer has to fix the bios update via the .exe or .msi application
  • binyahya14
    binyahya14 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited April 2019
    v 1.25 did not solve the keyboard backlight issue. did it work for anyone

True, its not works and nothing change. Please  @Acer-Karp @Acer-Manny Hear us!!

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    @binyahya14 Have you disabled here?
    Resultado de imagem para bios 125 acer backlit keyboard

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• binyahya14

Tinkerer

@binyahya14 Have you disabled here?
    Resultado de imagem para bios 125 acer backlit keyboard
    I did, but still no change at all. The temperature still high too when playing games, and they ask me to repaste thermal on acer. I wonder what thermal they gonna use?
  • This function only option will work when the notebook is connected to the power adapter! This version of UEFI is not about a thermal issue! About the thermal problem, ideally you create a topic by clicking on "ask a question"!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• KhianOrlandJuan
    KhianOrlandJuan Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    edited June 2019
    Hello guys nice to see you, i have a  Laptop and then i checked at acer driver update page and then i download the latest BIOS for my laptop. when installing first nothing happen but after the windows turning of and go to flashing, the system said the firmware image is error or broken i forgot but i downloaded the right version for my laptop. any help guys ?? BTW my laptop is currently fine
    UP.!
    EXPERIENCING THE SAME ISSUE RIGHT NOW!
    Really need help.

v1.19 is my default BIOS version,
    then updated to v1.26, which broke our laptop.
  • KhianOrlandJuan
    KhianOrlandJuan Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    Hello guys nice to see you, i have a  Laptop and then i checked at acer driver update page and then i download the latest BIOS for my laptop. when installing first nothing happen but after the windows turning of and go to flashing, the system said the firmware image is error or broken i forgot but i downloaded the right version for my laptop. any help guys ?? BTW my laptop is currently fine
    UP.!
    Really need help.

its been 2 months already
  • andylb
    UP.!
    Really need help.

Please post exactly what is happening with your Laptop when you attempt to boot up, maybe one of us can help with the problem

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• binyahya14

Tinkerer

edited September 2019
    andylb said:
    UP.!
    Really need help.

Please post exactly what is happening with your Laptop when you attempt to boot up, maybe one of us can help with the problem
    Lol my comments got deleted by the administrator. At the conclusion the new bios firm ware 1.28 is XXXXXX , i do reinstall windows because of that bios!!

[Post edited to remove inappropriate or personal content -Acer-Manny]

• @binyahya14Have you tried to restore uefi-bios by pressing f9 and then f10? Also, have you tried resetting the internal battery?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• binyahya14

Tinkerer

@binyahya14Have you tried to restore uefi-bios by pressing f9 and then f10? Also, have you tried resetting the internal battery?
    its no use, i already tried. just say to admin acer dont release a buggy bios update anymore please!
  • andylb
    edited September 2019
    @binyahya14Have you tried to restore uefi-bios by pressing f9 and then f10? Also, have you tried resetting the internal battery?
    its no use, i already tried. just say to admin acer dont release a buggy bios update anymore please!

We are a peer to peer community sharing our knowledge, we have no way of passing on your concerns to Acer admin. Please contact Acer support for your region and discuss your concerns with them but I'm sure that they are aware of the problem, there have been a lot of posts about it

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• killua23
    killua23 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited September 2019
    I updated my bios to version 1.28 and now I cant use my laptop in RST with optane mode. my device is acer nitro 5 -AN515-52. please help.
  • @killua23 Create the new thread clicking in ask a question. Add me putting @.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• killua23
    killua23 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

@egydiocoelhoI updated my bios to version 1.28 and now I cant use my laptop in RST with optane mode. my device is acer nitro 5 -AN515-52. please help
  • NotComodoDragon
    NotComodoDragon Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited July 2020
    Well,  i updated my BIOS to the latest version from Acer product support and now it seems like NVIDIA Optimus is working properly, i.e., switching display on charger ,it used to switch my primary display from Intel to NVIDIA while on charger, colors get better and so on but now it isn't working :(
    Any help ? (rn my BIOS version is 1.28)