Predator Triton 500 graphics card not detected after blue screen

Niallh
Niallh Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
I am getting blue screens quite often so I have included a blue screen viewer log. The gpu is not dectected and I am unable to install new drivers.

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Try now to check if resetting the internal battery, if it solves the problem:
    Also check that your video card is identified as a hidden device:

Have you checked with amazon support, if you can still change the notebook for another?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Hello! Can you tell the exact model of your notebook? Example an515-51-75kz! What is the video card, rtx2060, rtx2070 or rtx2080 that came installed in the notebook? What is the bios version? Can your notebook still be changed at the store?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Niallh
    Hi the model number is pt515-51-75l8 with an RTX 2060. Bios version 1.05. I purchased it from Amazon could it be defective hardware?
  • This model comes with an rtx2080 and not an rtx2060! I asked you this as there is a firmware for the rtx2060 video card! It may be faulty hardware. However, I wonder if the device manager is detecting the video card properly?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Niallh
    My bad the model is actually Predator PT515-51
  • You have already verified that the video card is identified in the device manager! I also checked on other topics, which had a driver that caused the nvidia video card to disappear! Try downloading the older driver available on the Acer website to see if it solves the problem!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Niallh
    The video card is not shown in the device manager
  • Can you tell the first ten numbers of your notebook partnumber? Also, uninstall the current driver and install an older driver on the Acer website!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Niallh
    Cant install nvidia driver "This graphics card cannot find compatible graphics hardware" 
    Laptop Serial number: NHQ50AA00190806F446600
  • Before presenting this problem, has windows been updated? Have you tried reinstalling windows by pressing alt + f10 before the Acer logo to see if it solves the problem?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Niallh
    Tried doing reset this PC but it doesn't seem but it's still not fixed
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Try now to check if resetting the internal battery, if it solves the problem:
    Also check that your video card is identified as a hidden device:

Have you checked with amazon support, if you can still change the notebook for another?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Niallh
    Resetting the battery fixed it for me thabk you!
  • great my friend!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MikeHawk
    MikeHawk Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited July 2019
    egydiocoelho Thanks man!  I had the same exact problem, it was hidden in device manager and was not being recognized.  The battery reset worked.  Hopefully it continues to work, my laptop is only 2 days old. 
  • You are welcome @MikeHawk =)

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MikeHawk
    MikeHawk Member Posts: 4 New User
    Problem keeps coming back, have to keep resetting the battery.  After reading many forums and youtube vids, it turns out the newer 2060 RTS Nvidia cards are bad, they have bad memory and have not worked out all the bugs.  Many people experiencing similar problems with newer NVIDIA 2060, 2070, 2080 cards while playing games.
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited July 2019
    MikeHawk said:
    Problem keeps coming back, have to keep resetting the battery.  After reading many forums and youtube vids, it turns out the newer 2060 RTS Nvidia cards are bad, they have bad memory and have not worked out all the bugs.  Many people experiencing similar problems with newer NVIDIA 2060, 2070, 2080 cards while playing games.
    Seems about right the drivers are still full of bugs and they are the main issue of bsods its nvidia's fault that keeps releasing drivers with bugs to not have to loose any time looking for them and they just wait the users will complain about it for them to fix them after same happens with MS resuming we are (and will always be) guinea pigs to basically find out what they dont bother to fix in first place, same happened on the gtx how many drivers they had to release to fix all the bugs 

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• It would be interesting to know if the same problem occurs when you disable fast startup in windows power options.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• idomix
    idomix Member Posts: 2 New User
    It would be interesting to know if the same problem occurs when you disable fast startup in windows power options.
    sadly it does. Fix does work temporarily but problem keeps occuring.
    Do you guys know a fix for this or do I need a new model?
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer