Keyboard sporadically mistypes (particularly uiojklm) or stops working, then starts.

PhilipS7BE
PhilipS7BE Member Posts: 17

Tinkerer

Keyboard sporadically mistypes (particularly uiojklm) or stops working, then starts. Sent back new computer, then same thing happened to it.

Comments

• What is the exact model of notebook? Example an515-51-75kz!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • In the bios of your model, is there a function called function key behavior? Is there a driver with device manager problems? What is the bios version?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • PhilipS7BE

Tinkerer

Bios v 1.10 could not find anything like that in choices.
  • Have you tried the keys on this site? http://en.key-test.ru/
    Is there a driver with device manager problems?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• PhilipS7BE

Tinkerer

It happens sporadically, then goes away in the same way, or needs rebooted. Tried to update driver, sent a new computer back because of this, and the same thing is happening, and has been since I got it. Seems like a hardware keyboard fault of some kind.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited April 2019
    I suggest you check this out: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/585796/#Comment_585796
    Also, when you press fn, do these keys (uiojklm) re-operate correctly?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• PhilipS7BE

Tinkerer

Yes I have tried Fn, but the site you sent looks interesting, will check it out tomorrow and get back to you.
  • Ok my friend!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• PhilipS7BE

Tinkerer

I went into Device Manager, and didn't find the place suggested. But, I did try to update drivers, and many did, mainly the firmware and a few intricate looking drivers, also many basic drivers. So I hope that solves the problem, so far so good, computer is working smoother too. Thanks for the help.
  • Great, my friend! Keep testing and reporting here!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer