Acer V3-571G CPU Upgrade from 3210M to 3610QM

Giathyex
Giathyex Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello everyone

I have a V3-571G-5321G50MAKK which have i5-3210M and GT630M. My BIOS version is v1.10

I bought a Core i7-3610QM yesterday. I changed the CPU and my laptop didn't run. When i push power button, power light is on, CPU fan run and my laptop become a little bit warmer. But the screen is just black and nothing happen. Hard disk light is dark too.

Anyone know what is the problem with my laptop? I have upgraded 2 laptops before. A 4749Z from Pentium B960 to i7-2720QM, a 4820T from i3-380M to i7-620M. And they all run perfectly. But this time i can't make my V3-571G run.

Can a BIOS upgrade solve this problem? Or any solution? I don't want to resell the 3610QM since it's very hard to find with such a good price :((

Many thanks

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    What I find strange is that your model is the v3-571g! When there is a "g" at the end, it means it has an nvidia video card and that comes with windows 8! This template should come with the version of bios 2.xx and not with version 1.xx! Version 1.xx would only come in v3-571 (without the "g") with windows 7!
    There is a difference because version 1.xx does not have uefi mode, while version 2.xx has uefi mode !!
    However it would be nice to check if the chipset is the hm77, because if the hm70 only accepts the dual core! If it's hm77 then it should work:

Try removing the rtc battery for a few seconds and then reinsert the motherboard and verify that it identifies the processor:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    First make sure your notebook has hm77 here:

The Core ™ i7-3540M will probably work yes!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Your mainboard appears to be compatible with a dual core CPU, not a quad. This model seemed to be equipped with several different ones. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Giathyex

Tinkerer

That's so sad :(

Today, after updated the BIOS to the latest version, i try again and it still not run. I've also tried to disable the dedicated graphics.

I didn't think that my laptop doesn't compatible with a quad core cpu since my worse and cheaper 4749Z can run perfectly with 2720QM 

Maybe i will trade my 3610QM for a 3540M and give it a try

Btw, thanks man
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    What I find strange is that your model is the v3-571g! When there is a "g" at the end, it means it has an nvidia video card and that comes with windows 8! This template should come with the version of bios 2.xx and not with version 1.xx! Version 1.xx would only come in v3-571 (without the "g") with windows 7!
    There is a difference because version 1.xx does not have uefi mode, while version 2.xx has uefi mode !!
    However it would be nice to check if the chipset is the hm77, because if the hm70 only accepts the dual core! If it's hm77 then it should work:

Try removing the rtc battery for a few seconds and then reinsert the motherboard and verify that it identifies the processor:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Giathyex

Tinkerer

edited September 2018
    Thank you so much for a very clear answer

Unfortunately, this method doesn't work too. Maybe my laptop chipset is HM70

So if it's HM70 then i7-3540M will work, right?

If not, i will trade that motherboard instead :)
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    First make sure your notebook has hm77 here:

The Core ™ i7-3540M will probably work yes!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Gait
    Gait Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Sorry for the bump, but did you get the I7-3610QM working? I have the exact same laptop, and I would also love to upgrade the CPU.
  • @Gait You should check in the device manager if your chipset is the hm70 or hm77! The hm70 chipset has some blocking that causes some computers to shut down every thirty minutes when the user upgrades the processor!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Gait

Tinkerer

@Gait You should check in the device manager if your chipset is the hm70 or hm77! The hm70 chipset has some blocking that causes some computers to shut down every thirty minutes when the user upgrades the processor!
    Thank you for your quick reply, I have checked it and its a HM77. Sadly the thread starter did not say if he had an HM77 or HM70 (however, I assume a HM77, as he has the same type number)

• Yes, he had not informed! See this list: http://www.cpu-upgrade.com/mb-Intel_(chipsets)/HM77_Express.html

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Gait

Tinkerer

Do you perhaps have a proper guide on how to disassemble a V3 571g and to reach the CPU?

Thank you for your help!
  • Verify this video:
    https://youtu.be/CcAMlm2_FvY

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Gait

Tinkerer

Update: Installed an I7-3610QM in a V3-571G-53214G50Makk on BIOS version 1.07.
    Works flawlessly so far, followed the abovementioned video, as well as the following guide:
    http://www.myfixguide.com/manual/acer-aspire-v3-571-v3-571g-disassembly/

Note: After installing the i7, I have removed the CMOS battery for a minute or so to reset (don't know if it makes a difference in succeeding, but it certainly doesn't do any harm).
  • Great! What I find strange, is that the models v3-571g, came with windows 8 installed and the version of bios being 2.xx and not the 1.xx as you mentioned! Did you downgrade the bios at some point?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Gait

Tinkerer

Great! What I find strange, is that the models v3-571g, came with windows 8 installed and the version of bios being 2.xx and not the 1.xx as you mentioned! Did you downgrade the bios at some point?
    No, I have never even installed a BIOS update on this machine. Mine didn't come with Windows 8 installed out of the box, but with Windows 7 (there is also a license sticker on the bottom saying Windows 7).

Hope this helps.
  • OK! What matters is that it is working properly!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,687 Trailblazer
    edited October 2019
    Giathyex said:
    Hello everyone

I have a V3-571G-5321G50MAKK which have i5-3210M and GT630M. My BIOS version is v1.10

I bought a Core i7-3610QM yesterday. I changed the CPU and my laptop didn't run. When i push power button, power light is on, CPU fan run and my laptop become a little bit warmer. But the screen is just black and nothing happen. Hard disk light is dark too.

Anyone know what is the problem with my laptop? I have upgraded 2 laptops before. A 4749Z from Pentium B960 to i7-2720QM, a 4820T from i3-380M to i7-620M. And they all run perfectly. But this time i can't make my V3-571G run.

Can a BIOS upgrade solve this problem? Or any solution? I don't want to resell the 3610QM since it's very hard to find with such a good price :((

Many thanks

Giathyex’ I know that my answer is a bit late but I hope that my answer helps people that might attempt your upgrade as I've done allot of upgrades on the V3-571G and I speak from experience. 

I have a V3-571G 73614G75Makk that came with OEM Windows 7 Home Premium, NVIDIA GeForce 640M graphics. I’m running Windows 10 Pro on a Samsung 850EVO SSD and everything runs like clockwork and its very very fast. This laptop came with the i7-3610QM OEM and I’ve upgraded it to the i7-3940XM 4 cores, 8 threads, 3.0-3.9GH, 1MB L2, 8MG L3 at TDP 55W (which is the most powerful CPU that is compatible with the Acer Mainboard VA_50HC_CR with the Southbridge HM77 Rev. 04 and Chipset Ivy Bridge Rev. 09 (this can be all obtained through CPU-Z) the BIOS that came with my V3-571G laptop is the 1.xx and I've updated it to the last 1.xx BIOS that is the v1.13 'you cannot change a V3-571G' that came with a 1.xx BIOS to a 2.xx BIOS. and I'm also running 8GB DDR3 RAM PC3-14200 at 931.2MHz at 13.0 clocks and it ALL works perfectly!

Btw, I tried upgrading the BIOS to the 2.21 dated 2014/01/27 - BIOS - UEFI for Windows 8 (Not for Upgrades) Update F2 function for the scenario or the 2.17 dated 2013/10/18 - BIOS - UEFI for Windows 8 (Not for Upgrades) but the Acer BIOS update software won’t allow this update to proceed as it “WARNS” you that the 2.xx BIOS is incompatible with this V3-517G.

You should have no problems upgrading your i5-3210M, 2 core 4 threads 2.5-3.1GHz, 512 KB L2, 3MB L3 at TDP 35W to the i7-3610QM, has 4 cores, 8 threads, 2.3-3.3GHz, 1MB L2, 6MB L3 at TDP 45W, this should be a very easy upgrade and should not be problematic at all, as even a i7-3940XM 4cores, 8 threads, 3.0-3.9GH, 1MB L2, 8MG L3 at TDP 55W (which is the most powerful CPU that is compatible with this mainboard) I’ve done it and it works 100% works with the Acer Mainboard VA_50HC_CR and the Southbridge HM77 Rev. 04! 

Giathyex’ you must have a fault with your RAM and/or you must have NOT put the system back together properly, as you must have missed out on a plug that could be the monitor plug to the mainboard, undo your laptop and go through all the cables and connections and check, make sure that you have plugged all of the cables appropriately and they are plugged in!