I can see nothing in my Acer Mixed Reality (developer edition) lenses.

xJinder
xJinder Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
Hi everybody, i'm new and i'm not even sure this is the right place to ask the question.

Anyways, I recently bought an Acer Mixed Reality headset and I'm stuck with the problem that nothing shows up in the headset.
I successfully went through the whole setup, tracing etc. and the image that should be in the VR also shows in the mixed reality portal (so basically it shows the starting tutorial) but nothing comes out of the lenses. I'm sure the headset itself is working because it gets hot after a little while, and also (a couple times and totally random) it happened that they were on, but all I saw was a dark blue void.
I tried many of the solutions I could find on the internet but nothing seemed to work so I was wondering if any of you could kindly help me. Also I wonder if the headset itself is somehow malfunctioning.

Thanks so much for your time and help

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer
    It's always possible, though failures on these have been pretty rare so far. With mine if I look inside the headset while it's on I can sort of see the blue from the screen. If you don't have the width set right you could get out of the focus area and just see black, I suppose. I'm out of town this week or else I'd look to see if that's possible.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.