Aspire VN7-593G is making noise during gaming

MKII
MKII Member Posts: 15

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have an Aspire VN7-593G which is making noise during gaming, however the noise is gone and back to normal after I stop playing game. Is there anything I can do to solve this problem, any help is appreciated. In addition, My BIOS version is 1.03 and I just checked there is several newer versions. I wonder does it help if I update the BIOS. 

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good night MKII !

What kind of sound would that be?
    Fans working at high speed?
    If it is, there is absolutely nothing wrong.
    Fnas work at high speed when the system reaches critical temperatures.
    What can not happen is a shrill sound like "Formula One Cars" or flapping fins.

Bios updates are extremely delicate and risky processes and should only be performed in serious cases of serious system errors or extreme need for correction or compatibility.
    Outside this is a process that should be avoided to the maximum, especially if your machine is working perfectly.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• MKII

Tinkerer

edited April 2019
    Thanks for replaying. It is not the fan sound. It sounds like you are frying something on a fry pan. And when I mute the game, it would be gone. And as mentioned, when I stop playing the game and the temperature of my computer goes down the sound will be gone and return to its normal stage. So I suspect it is some kind of temporary problem when my computer's temperature goes up (around 80 to 90 degree Celsius). 
  • MaClane
    Use HWMonitor to measure temperatures during play and post a print here.
    Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• MKII

Tinkerer

This is the screenshot of HWMonitor:

And I also attached the file saved from it if it is needed. It started making the noise, and after a while the noise will be gone but the volume will be lower than usual. Sometime it will reverse the process after a while being low volume, but then the noise will start again. This situation happened a few month ago as I can remember. I was playing World of Warcraft at the time, and the graphic quality is set to 5 (which the system recommend 7). Again thanks for replaying.
  • MaClane
    Your system is overheating in too.
    The processor has already reached the maximum safe limit that is 100ºC and the video is already close that is 94ºC.

I advise you to perform procedures to reduce these temperatures urgently:

Open the appliance and clean it with jasper and brush removing impurities.
    Use the equipment in an airy environment, with a mild temperature, under materials with good heat exchange (such as glass, aluminum, cold stones, etc.).
    Keep the appliance higher so that the air intakes are not obstructed.
    Preferably get a cooling base with active cooler.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• MKII

Tinkerer

I am using a table that has a small fan beneath. I bought this computer for almost two years and never clean it inside, and it is still under two year warranty. I have tried to seek for help from the local acer service center(Hong Kong) a year ago. But it turned out they don't provide cleaning service. I have never tease apart to clean any laptop before. So, I am worry about will it affect the warranty if I do it myself.
  • MKII

Tinkerer

edited April 2019
    Forget to mention that the temperature has been this high before, but it just started making noise a one month or two month ago.
  • MaClane
    In this case you should contact Acer from your country and confirm the local warranty rules.
    From really lacking knowledge, right tools and procedural safety, I advise you to be taking in some place that performs the service.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• MKII

Tinkerer

edited April 2019
    Well, I have checked the warranty terms. One of the exception term is "Damage caused by service (including upgrade and expansions) performed by anyone who is not an authorized representative of Acer or an Acer authorized service provider authorized to perform service". I went to the local acer service center today, they can send it for a check but it takes more then a month if it needs repair and I need to backup the data which I never did because I assume it will take a long time to do it. So I am looking for a way to fix the noise problem by changing the setting of my laptop, for example install the newest BIOS.
  • MaClane
    Bios updates are extremely delicate and risky processes and should only be performed in serious cases of serious system errors or extreme need for correction or compatibility.
    Outside this is a process that should be avoided to the maximum, especially if your machine is working perfectly.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• MaClane
    Of the versions available for update of Bios in this model none includes corrections of temperature or rotation of cooler.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• Would it be a noise like this?
    https://youtu.be/-yH9sNNSY50
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MKII

Tinkerer

I noticed that the BIOS update did not indicate that kind of update. But my point is I had that high temperature in the past year, but it never have that noise problem until a month or two month before. So I am kind of doubt the noise problem is caused by high temperature. Maybe it caused by the dust inside my laptop? I don't know. But I don't that skill to tease it apart without guarantee not to do something wrong and the local acer service center does not provide a cleaning service. So I think the best way will be change the setting to see if that will solve the problem.
  • Dust can actually cause the noise of the cooler to increase! Could you record a video or audio problem?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MKII

Tinkerer

Thanks for replaying, egydiocoelho. It is not fan's sound. The noise is from the speaker itself, if I mute my laptop the noise will be gone. So I think it is not a fan problem.
  • Have you updated the drivers with the driverbooster to see if the problem is resolved?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MKII

Tinkerer

I have just updated every drivers of my laptop including the Realtek high definition audio driver and I have also tried to use the older Realtek driver and the Microsoft sound driver as well. None of them solve the problem. I also tried to set the battery perform to max to see if that's because it was caused by not enough power due to I use the default balance power. And it doesn't work out as well. The only thing I have not try is to update the BIOS and clean the laptop itself, but as I mentioned I never did it before so I am worry to do that. So I left the choice of update the BIOS to me.
  • Try lowering the sampling rate:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MKII

Tinkerer

edited April 2019
    I just tried to record the noise using the window video recording program(window key+G), but the weird thing is that I can't hear the noise in the video however I can clearly hear it when I was recording the video.
  • Did you try my previous tip?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer