Acer C740 Swollen Battery

CSCN
CSCN Member Posts: 1 New User
edited January 2018 in Chromebooks
Our school board have over 800 units of Acer Chromebook through our 20 Schools. Since 2 months, nearly 300 Acer Chromebook C740, had previously purchased in March 2015 ( out of warranty) have stopped working because of Swollen battery. Some of these chromebook have deformation which causes trackpad issues.
From what I can see on this community, this is a commum problem. Acer have a battery replacement program?

Answers

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru

Hi CSCN,

Sorry to hear that you’re having problems with the Chromebooks, I have sent you a PM requesting the information that I need to have a Premier Customer Advocate follow up and help with this matter.

Thanks,

Acer-Manny

• Spiskoty
    Spiskoty Member Posts: 1 New User
    I, unfortunately, am also having this problem...unable to click on the left side of trackpad and keys are pushing into the screen when its closed. Quite disappointing. Acer-here's looking at you to make this right...

Looks like quite a few others are also experiencing this issues posting in the last month or so. 

Be in touch,
    Customer in limbo
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    edited January 2018
    Hi Spiskoty,

Sorry to hear this, can you please respond to the PM sent?

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny
  • JLytwynec
    JLytwynec Member Posts: 1 New User
    We are a district in Connecticut and have 700+ Acers (720 and 740s) in our schools and recently have noticed trackpad issue with swollen batteries.  In doing a check today at one building we found 30 out of 100 CBs with this issue.  Expect to find the same at our other schools.  Very concerned about safety issues with the batteries.  What is Acer doing about this?   

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Hi JLytwynec,

Sorry to hear this, can you please respond to the PM sent?

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny
  • Ripwind
    Ripwind Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hey Manny - I have a few C740-C4PE that are exhibiting the same behavior. Swollen batteries, and their pushing up the keyboard/trackpad. Could you send me a PM, please, at your convenience? I'm curious what my options are.
  • las21tech
    las21tech Member Posts: 1 New User
    We are also now experiencing this issue for devices that were manufactured in mid 2015 (April - May).
  • Ripwind
    Ripwind Member Posts: 2 New User
    Similar here. The manufacture date on ours are June 18th of 2015.
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Hi las21tech and Ripwind,

Sorry to hear this, please respond to the PM sent with the requested information? 

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny
  • Sproctor
    Sproctor Member Posts: 1 New User
    We are a small district with about 60 of these devices, many of them having this same issue. Can I be contacted as well please? 

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Hi Sproctor,

i am sorry to hear this, can you please reply to my private message for better assistance?

Thanks in advance,
    Acer-Manny 
  • bbannon
    bbannon Member Posts: 3 New User
    Same problem at our district, 116 of 120.
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Hi bbannon,

Sorry to hear this, i have sent you a private message requesting more information to assist you.

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny 
  • OCS
    OCS Member Posts: 1 New User
    @acer-manny Add us to the list for Chromebooks with swollen batteries! So far we have 15 Chromebooks (C740) that are no longer safe to use.
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Hi OCS,

I am sorry to hear this, can you please reply to my private message for better assistance?

Thanks in advance,
    Acer-Manny 
  • demuric
    demuric Member Posts: 1 New User
    We have over 2000 c740s and many c720s in our district and I found this topic after several of cb our batteries are swelling too. Is there any thing we can do about this?
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Hi demuric,

I am very sorry to hear this, i have sent you a private message requesting more information to better assist you.   

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny 
  • wrxnefx
    wrxnefx Member Posts: 1 New User
    We have the same problem with the C740 too.  We have about 40 with swollen batteries.
This discussion has been closed.