How do I purchase a mixed reality controller without the headset?

APizzasaurus
APizzasaurus Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
I accidentally broke my left controller and I have found no way to fix it. I also purchased it though a third-party so the warranty is void. Is there any way I could buy another controller from acer or are there any other controllers that are compatiable with the Acer Mixed Reality?

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,752 Pathfinder
    I accidentally broke my left controller and I have found no way to fix it. I also purchased it though a third-party so the warranty is void. Is there any way I could buy another controller from acer or are there any other controllers that are compatiable with the Acer Mixed Reality?
    you might wanna contact acer support to check if they sell just the controller. If yes, then you can get the acer branded controller.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    I don't see part numbers for either of the controllers or the parts that make them. I'm sure they have that info somewhere though. As Rudy said you might have best results by contacting Acer support. It actually might be easier to get just the broken part instead of the whole thing.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • APizzasaurus
    APizzasaurus Member Posts: 2 New User
    billsey said:
    I don't see part numbers for either of the controllers or the parts that make them. I'm sure they have that info somewhere though. As Rudy said you might have best results by contacting Acer support. It actually might be easier to get just the broken part instead of the whole thing.
    The part that broke was the light connector at the top. It popped off and so did the LED connector. I’m not sure if I can find a part for that. 
  • billsey
    Here are the part numbers for the controllers, I haven't found a break down for individual pieces and they may not offer as such. Know anyone with a 3D printer and mad modeling skills?
    NP.DSP1A.L02CONTROLLER LEFT MICROSOFT MIXED REALITY HEADSET

NP.DSP1A.R02CONTROLLER RIGHT MICROSOFT MIXED REALITY HEADSET
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • nshadow
    nshadow Member Posts: 1 New User
    I just got off the phone with ACER support and they want $116.51 to replace my right motion controller.  Since I only paid $140 for the whole things seems a bit expensive to me.
  • billsey
    $140 is an amazing price, with retail at $399 IIRC. It doesn't surprise me too much that The price is in the $100 range for each controller, I doubt they stock many and that typically items that are sold only rarely have a higher margin than items that are sold often. I'd watch the used market for pieces you need if yours is broken.