Predator X34 Display Port issues

Sixpool
Sixpool Member Posts: 9 New User
edited February 14 in 2019 Archives
Hey guys, please help Ive tried everything i can think.
issue: having issues where there will be sectional flashes (black, white, blue, yellow) they normally go across the whole screen horizontally and are about 4 inches tall. the flashes are quick and normally happen when watching a video or scrolling down a webpage, but can happen just at the desktop aswell. but they don't happen when in a full screen video game being played. i have troubleshooted by clean installing new graphics drivers (2080) and that seemed to solve the problem for a couple days. but then it would come back. then I RMA a new 2080, and it solved the problem for a few days. then it came back. i changed the Display Port cord and the issues continued. so i tested the HDMI port with my switch and my computer and had no flashes or no issue at all with HDMI. So im thinking that the issue is actually the physical Display Port on the X34. any thoughts of how i can fix this issue, cause i guess it could be a possible setting maybe. or any help is greatly appreciated. and if it is the physical port, anyone know how to get that fixed?

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Try lowering the resolution and refresh rate here:

Then take the test! There are also two drivers available for this monitor, but they should refer to the colors of the monitor: https://www.acer.com/ac/pt/BR/content/support-product/6376?b=1
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Hello! Have you tried lowering the resolution and frequency rate to see if the problem remains? Have you updated the drivers for your computer? Could you tell me the exact model of your computer?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Sixpool
    how to i lower my resolution and frequency rate? i have it set to native 3440x1440 and 100hz 100fps at the moment.

just got a replacement motherboard from a friend that had the same motherboard, installed it and that had no effect on the issue. still perfectly find on hdmi and getting the flashes on the display port cord. ive updated all the graphics drivers many times. and i just checked intel driver and support assistant and everything is up to date now. only a bluetooth update was needed.

my computer:
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 17763) (17763.rs5_release.180914-1434)
    mobo: asustek prime z279-A
    BIOS: 1302 (type: UEFI)
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7500 CPU @ 3.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
    Memory: ripjaw gskill 16384MB RAM
    Card name: NVIDIA EVGA GeForce RTX 2080

thank you so much for help man. its driving me crazy i cant fix this and figure it out lol

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Try lowering the resolution and refresh rate here:

Then take the test! There are also two drivers available for this monitor, but they should refer to the colors of the monitor: https://www.acer.com/ac/pt/BR/content/support-product/6376?b=1

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Sixpool
    lol that fixed it, dang, thanks man! wow!
  • Commodore_1995#
    edited April 2019
    You are welcome my friend! However, I still think it should work at the resolution and at the maximum refresh rate supported by the monitor! What is the exact model of your computer? Example an515-51-75kz!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Sixpool
    yeah i was running at 100 hz for awhile and then that issue started coming up. is it bad to leave it overclocked? my model number should be

bmiphz

i have predator x34 60hz overclockable to 100hz ips panel
    thanks man

• I believe your model only accepts the maximum resolution and refresh rate with the cable display port!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Sixpool
    yeah also i think gsync only works with the display port cord. so that still my main cord im using right now, just kinda is a bummer i cant overclock this monitor anymore it seems like
  • Sixpool
    but thanks man. this was my first time using a forums and you made the experience pretty awesome. i dont know the whole culture to this or how i can replay you with point or something. just let me know what i can do and ill give you the karma or however it works :)
  • OK! Post the result here!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Sixpool
    im assuming that that mean just speak about them? if not let me know, and ill post result the correct way

ok so the results are that my monitor was on overclocked mode at 100hz for maybe to long. ive never really overclocked before so i dont know the effects. i just thought having 100 frames would probably be more enjoyable then 60. but it eventurally make my monitor have these random flashes while watching any kind of video or if i moved the mouse quickly or scrolled down a page. lowering my hz corrected this error. i trouble shooted new computer parts and i clean installed new graphics drivers and that would solve the problem for a few hours. but then it would continue. i found that lowering hz was the only thing that actually fixed my issue.
  • Can you tell the partnumber so I can check the complete configuration of this monitor?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer