Having flickering/artifacting issues with my new Acer Nitro VG270UPbmiipx

2»

Answers

• Antoine008
    Antoine008 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Hi all,

We are sorry you're experiencing issues with you Nitro Monitors, we recommend contacting your local Acer service center for technical assistance. You can go to our page https://www.acer.com/worldwide/ where you can select the country of your location and under support tab you can find the available service centers and technical support phone numbers.     

Sorry for any inconveniences this may cause,

Acer-Manny

Thank you soooo much Acer for this quick answer! Only six weeks after the first post  =)

To update everyone on my case: I picked up my monitor at the store, and put it back on my desk to run some test.

I didn't have to wait too long to notice a problem: the issue was still happening, exactly the same way it happened when I sent the screen in RMA! The issue is so obvious, so easily reproducible, and so visible all the time, I wonder what Acer's support expected from me when I receive back the monitor: pray that I don't notice it on the first second and just claim it's repaired??

Little cherry on the cake: while I sent back the monitor in a perfect state and carefully packed, I got it back lightly packed and the plastic chassis was broken, with an inch gap between the panel and the back. How nice!

I'm so ***** at Acer right now: first I receive a obviously faulty screen, which left the factory god knows how, then I get delayed for more than a month waiting for my repair, and finally when I do receive my supposedly functional display, it has the exact same problem that I sent it for initially a month ago! I can't even say it's in the same state, because Acer broke it during repair and won't even bother to replace the chassis! And they won't even officialy recognize the problem.

Shameful behavior from Acer. I've asked for a complete refund at no cost, I think I've been patient enough with this product, and this brand, which won't see me buying their articles for a long time.
  • tom6561
    tom6561 Member Posts: 3 New User
    I also returned my unit for the flickering issue, and have received back a "repaired" unit which is still flickering. I will update once I hear more from Acer, for now I am awaiting their response on a refund.
  • BobbyMcJackson
    BobbyMcJackson Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Hi all,

We are sorry you're experiencing issues with you Nitro Monitors, we recommend contacting your local Acer service center for technical assistance. You can go to our page https://www.acer.com/worldwide/ where you can select the country of your location and under support tab you can find the available service centers and technical support phone numbers.     

Sorry for any inconveniences this may cause,

Acer-Manny

Thank you soooo much Acer for this quick answer! Only six weeks after the first post  =)

To update everyone on my case: I picked up my monitor at the store, and put it back on my desk to run some test.

I didn't have to wait too long to notice a problem: the issue was still happening, exactly the same way it happened when I sent the screen in RMA! The issue is so obvious, so easily reproducible, and so visible all the time, I wonder what Acer's support expected from me when I receive back the monitor: pray that I don't notice it on the first second and just claim it's repaired??

Little cherry on the cake: while I sent back the monitor in a perfect state and carefully packed, I got it back lightly packed and the plastic chassis was broken, with an inch gap between the panel and the back. How nice!

I'm so ***** at Acer right now: first I receive a obviously faulty screen, which left the factory god knows how, then I get delayed for more than a month waiting for my repair, and finally when I do receive my supposedly functional display, it has the exact same problem that I sent it for initially a month ago! I can't even say it's in the same state, because Acer broke it during repair and won't even bother to replace the chassis! And they won't even officialy recognize the problem.

Shameful behavior from Acer. I've asked for a complete refund at no cost, I think I've been patient enough with this product, and this brand, which won't see me buying their articles for a long time.

What the... This is absolutely inexcusable and unprofessional. You absolutely deserve a refund if not an additional compensation for all the time you wasted. They even broke the chassis?! Very worried right now about my monitor that's currently in repair.
  • Aziris
    Aziris Member Posts: 1 New User
    The situation is very sad, my monitor is also blinking (completely black or half).
    But it seems like I stopped noticing the flashing at 100Hz (need HDMI cable), try it.
    Sorry for my english...

• Antoine008

Tinkerer

Hey Aziris,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing the same issue...

As I mentioned earlier here on the forum, or when trying to give as much info as possible to the support, changing my monitor vertical frequency to 120Hz or lower did make the issue disappear to the best of my knowledge. But it seems Acer's support didn't care much for this information!

I said it to a few guys experiencing the same issues, but you should definitely return your product (or at least send it to repair). It is not for the client to bear the burden of a faulty product, and you should not have to adapt by lowering your maximum capability. The screen was sold as 144 Hz, and you should expect nothing less.
  • BobbyMcJackson

Tinkerer

Today I received my monitor from repair and I thought I leave an update for you. I've been using it continuously for over 8 hours now while playing some games and doing some web-browsing and I didn't notice any flicker during that time. The repair report says it was a color issue and they swapped the mainboard. If I notice any more flickering I will give another update but for now I think they finally fixed it (knocking on wood)!
  • BobbyMcJackson

Tinkerer

Update: Flickering is still happening, the repair only made it less frequent (?) at least it feels like it happens less than before. If you made the mistake of buying this monitor I would recommend returning to your retailer while you still can. Do not attempt to get it repaired, it's a waste of time. After reading other people's experiences with this product I can't say I'm surprised.
  • Antoine008

Tinkerer

Sorry to hear about your bad experience as well.

Clearly Acer doesn't know what they're doing here, and instead of recognizing the issue officialy and trying to find a solution, they let people buy their faulty products and would rather play the handyman with your product. 

Just recently in France they started a special offer sale with a big retailer, selling the screen for 300€, and sure enough many people felt for it; and as expected, many are back saying they're experiencing the same issue that has been going on for months now. Acer is getting rid of its stock of faulty monitors, and they have up to this day no idea how to fix it: it's a shameful and and outright scammy behavior from their part!
  • BobbyMcJackson

Tinkerer

edited April 2019
    @Antoine008 I manually set my refresh rate to 140Hz in the Nvidia Control Panel yesterday and didn't have any flickering since. I think I can settle with this and I'm gonna keep the monitor, even if it was an annoying and time consuming process to get it to this stage.
  • Antoine008

Tinkerer

@Antoine008 I manually set my refresh rate to 140Hz in the Nvidia Control Panel yesterday and didn't have any flickering since. I think I can settle with this and I'm gonna keep the monitor, even if it was an annoying and time consuming process to get it to this stage.
    Depending on your country, you're absolutely entitled to a full refund, based on the fact Acer can't repair your unit. And as I said before, even if it's a little bit time-consuming, you shouldn't give up and keep a faulty monitor, and try to live with its issue by using a workaround.

First because you paid a full price for all the specs, and not to be downgraded (otherwise you would have paid less), second of all because you never know if the problem can worsen overtime, then if you're outside warranty period you wouldn't be able to ask for a repair. 

I really advise you to reconsider your position and ask for a full refund. My DM's are wide open if you have any question on how to do it and what to write in order to get your refund.
  • Asciana
    Asciana Member Posts: 1 New User
    @Antoine008 could you possibly send me a message on how to go about the returns process. My recently purchased XV272UP monitor is also having this issue and has 2 dead pixels and a dead subpixel. Not too happy.
  • ViperGamingUK
    ViperGamingUK Member Posts: 1 New User
    So after getting a 2nd one as my frist one don't work after 5mins it will not turn on like the last one.. Anyone known why I have 2 HDMI in but every time I'm hitting power button nothing is happening 🤷‍♂️
  • NAVAJYOI12
    NAVAJYOI12 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited July 2020
    Hello Sir I purchased a monitor 1 month ago model acer Y240Y 24 inch IPS monitor from Amazon India after 1 month  I get a issue i.e a Horizontal line comes on screen I try different cpu but its shows same problem please help me I try customer care but call can't received how to I claim warranty claim
  • jheard901
    jheard901 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited July 2020
    I'm having similar issues with the display flickering for a V277U monitor.

Submitted an RMA request today.
  • Dadaverage
    Dadaverage Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
    Acer are a joke guys . im sending off my 2nd monitor for repair due to screen flickering its a new 2020 model aswell Acer Nitro XV240YP
  • Stashu
    Stashu Member Posts: 2 New User
    So as you all have been doing for the apx 1.5 years this post has been up.. I've also done some research on the issue and I would like to confirm a few things with you guys. 
    1. are you using more than 1 monitor? if so, are you using DP for both monitors?
    2. right click start->system  -  does all of your installed RAM show up as usable?
    3. change your DP Format in the MONITOR system settings to 1.1 and/or 1.2 respectively if you are running 1.4 and comment results.
    4. in the same system settings, is DDC/CI enabled? (what i believe is the overclock setting)

Please comment your results and return with answers ASAP.
  • Stashu
    Stashu Member Posts: 2 New User
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru

Hello to all,

This thread is now closed due to its age, if you still have problems with your computer, I invite you to open a new question or post so that the users of the Acer community can guide you.

Thank you,

Acer-Manny

This discussion has been closed.