The BIOS latest update is broke Nitro 5 AN 515-52

MartinusAngger
MartinusAngger Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello guys nice to see you, i have a  Laptop and then i checked at acer driver update page and then i download the latest BIOS for my laptop. when installing first nothing happen but after the windows turning of and go to flashing, the system said the firmware image is error or broken i forgot but i downloaded the right version for my laptop. any help guys ?? BTW my laptop is currently fine

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited March 2019 Answer ✓
    I think the ideal is to wait for Acer to give you an answer! However, there is a way that is not much used to update the bios, which is checking if there is any update of the firmware driver:

However, I do not know what will happen to your notebook by updating the BIOS by this driver! Ideally, you expect the official fix on the Acer website!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    You should enter the bios by pressing f2 as soon as you turn on the notebook! Then go to the main section and check that there is an option for the backlit keyboard!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    @binyahya14 Have you disabled here?
    Resultado de imagem para bios 125 acer backlit keyboard

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

Answers

• MartinusAngger
    i have download it several times and after you said it download again i download the file again and no changes

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    i highlighted the issue, hang tight.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • MartinusAngger
    The error message look like this
  • IronFly
    just to be 100% sure, have you double checked your laptop model?
    can you please report the installed BIOS version?
  • MartinusAngger
    yes i can 

• IronFly
    thanks, let's wait if they find the issue.
  • Commodore_1995#
    edited March 2019 Answer ✓
    I think the ideal is to wait for Acer to give you an answer! However, there is a way that is not much used to update the bios, which is checking if there is any update of the firmware driver:

However, I do not know what will happen to your notebook by updating the BIOS by this driver! Ideally, you expect the official fix on the Acer website!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MartinusAngger
    I will wait the information from acer coz many people use this laptop and i feel bad if they laptop got broken or so because the acer BIOS update
  • You made the best decision!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MartinusAngger
    Any update guys from the ACEs or Acer Support ??
  • MartinusAngger
    and what is this ?? intel 760P SSD Frimware Update
    if im not wrong the Nitro 5 AN515-52 series doesnt have intel 760P SSD in it
    why in the BIOS section

• IronFly
    edited March 2019
    it's under BIOS, since it's a firmware update.
    probably a model for a specific market has an Intel SSD.
  • MartinusAngger
    Any update ?
  • Commodore_1995#
    edited March 2019
    Not yet my friend!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Elclark
    Elclark Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited April 2019
    I have the same issue but solved by @egydiocoelho solution but only updated to 1.24 i don't know how to update to 1.25 now
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Elclark
    Elclark Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thats the main reason i upgrade my bios but for some reason its say it is the latest one, when i try to install manually its showing the same problem as before
  • @ElclarkYou must enter the bios by pressing f2. Then go to the section and you'll see one that lets you disable the backlit keyboard!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AnudeepMaity
    AnudeepMaity Member Posts: 2 New User
    v 1.25 did not solve the keyboard backlight issue. did it work for anyone