Windows April Update ver 1903

brwster455
brwster455 Member Posts: 42 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
i have a Acer Predator 500 (PH517-51). Can i do a clean install, with the upcoming Microsoft Windows 1903 Update,  and still restore all the software, power plans, and drivers that came pre installed on this laptop.

Acer Predator Helios 500 (PH517-51)
Processor i7-8750H
Memory 16GB DDR4
SSD Kingston HFS256GD9MNE  250GB NVMe
HDD 1TB Harddrive
GPU Nvidia GTX 1070
Killer Wirless AC 1550i Network Adapter E2500 GB Ethernet Controller
Chipset Intel HM370 with Thunderbolt 3

Comments

• brwster455
    Will i loose any of the custom configurations with any hardware and with Predator Sense software?
  • I do not recommend that you do a full installation of windows 10 with the iso of microsoft, because the notebook has a hidden recovery partition from Acer, which allows you to reinstall the original factory windows! In addition, you will lose the software warranty!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • brwster455
    Ok thanks. Do you know of any problems this new version of Windows will cause with this laptop?
  • I still do not know about the problems that this version of windows has! However, I suggest you wait for Microsoft to release the official version through windows update. I also suggest that you back up all your files before upgrading!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • brwster455
    Ok thanks. I stay backed up thru the cloud. I think i will postpone the update for couple of months to see what happens.
  • When Microsoft released version 1809, some users had their files deleted. It's important to upgrade only when the version is really stable!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• brwster455
    I know. I lost some text documents with 1809 update.
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• brwster455
    Thanks for the link
  • If my answer helped you, click accept to put the topic as resolved!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Personally, stick to 1803 or 1809. I read through 1903 changes this morning and didn't feel anything of importance, atleast personally. It has a bunch of services to help MS, and some changes on lines of cosmetic changes, atleast based on the info available until now.
    Also, given the history of *yucky* MS updates on 10, I would strongly suggest waiting atleast 60 days after release of any feature update.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045