Predator x27 No signal with HDMI+ where is the DDC port?

astalicia
astalicia Member Posts: 8 New User
edited February 14 in 2019 Archives
Hello,
I recently purchased a Predator X27 (UM.HX0AA.004). I plugged both the HDMI and the DP. DP seems to be working well, but when I change to HDMI, I keep getting an error message. The screen is black and it says ''no signal''. I tried rebooting the computer and plugging the cable again but it doesn't seems to work. I checked if I had the right cable and it seemed ok. I joined pictures of the way the cables are currently plugged in. (monitor, computer, close-up of the computer)

A note on the first picture : there isn't any plug to the left of the HDMI. The picture was taken in an angle because of the stand. Last wire is the power, not the headphone.

I also have another question. The user guide says the monitor support DDC, but I have no idea where to plug that cable on the monitor. On the computer, I have to put it in the graphic card (visible below and between the two cables on the last picture).

Thanks.

Best Answer

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Only one of the cables must be connected.
    Either use DP or use HDMi.
    In the same monitor it is not possible to use the 2 connections at the same time in the same GPU.
    DP has better quality and performance.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

Answers

• MaClane
    Good Morning astalicia !

I think I'm a little confused.
    Are you trying to connect the desktop to the monitor via DP and are not giving video signal?
    Are you using only one monitor?

I did not see it connected via HDMi.

DCC?
    I do not know the term to which you refer.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• astalicia
    I have both DP and HDMI connected. DP works, HDMI doesn't. The cable order is HDMI, DP, Power. The picture is taken in angle. I checked and couldn't find any other port to the left. I have only one monitor.
    DDC= Display Data Channel (page 20-21 of the manual)

• MaClane
    But are you trying to connect DP and HDMi at the same time?

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• MaClane
    DDC is just the communication protocol if your devices are supported.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• astalicia
    Yes... They are both plugged at once. Never done this before. Should I unplug DP ?

Ok for DDC. I have a 19 pin cable. Is it going to lag during gaming if this cable isn't connected in the graphic card?

My first language is French. I can write the problem in French as well. It will be easier for me to explain.

Pour le HDMi, j'ai branché les deux câbles en même temps. Est-ce un problème ? Devrais-je débrancher le DP? Au sujet du DDC, j'ai un cable 19 pins qui venait avec mon ancien écran. Le vendeur m'a dit que brancher ce cable dans la carte graphique du PC permet d'éviter du lag durant le gaming. Je n'arrive pas à trouver de trous dans l'écran pour le brancher. (Du côté de l'ordinateur, je sais où il va). Est-ce que la vitesse de l'ordinateur va être affectée?

• astalicia
    edited April 2019
    Edit : Yup, seems like having both cables at once was the problem. Not sure about DDC though.
  • MaClane
    Answer ✓
    Only one of the cables must be connected.
    Either use DP or use HDMi.
    In the same monitor it is not possible to use the 2 connections at the same time in the same GPU.
    DP has better quality and performance.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• astalicia
    Thank you!