Right after recent update Version 75.0.3753.0 Chromebook 14 CB3-431-C5EX freezes at login

rocker454
rocker454 Member Posts: 6 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
As soon as I sign into my account and the home page comes up a window opens and shows "computer did not shut down correctly do you want to recover pages " then freezes. The page tries to refresh a couple times then goes back to the login page. Took computer to computer repair and it works fine then took it to Starbucks and it works fine. Also works fine when I use it as a guest. Only does not work at home and problem started immediately after I shut it down for an update Version 75.0.3753.0 (Official Build) dev (64-bit)

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Turn your router/modem off. Wait a few minutes, then turn it back on again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• rocker454
    Tried that already and while I was at Starbucks I had the computer reset itself to factory settings - no help. Makes no sense to me that the computer works fine everywhere else but here yet I can work as a guest on it and my wifes computer works fine. I can also log into my Google account thru Chrome on my wifes computer.
  • JackE
    edited April 2019
    The only thing that makes sense to me is an issue with the router/modem. Think back on how you originally connected at home when you first got the machine. Did you just turn it on out of the box and it just magically connected on its own with no input at all from yourself? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• rocker454
    Route/modem was set up by cable company and have had it for a couple years - would seem strange that it developed an issue at the exact time I updated my computer. Also why does the computer work at home if I use it as a guest?
  • JackE
    Perhaps before you try anything more, you should post this issue on the google chromebook forums. Others have had similar login freeze problems, just not with this latest update. https://support.google.com/chromebook/forum/AAAAmKCdEus6BFkLBkUxWA/?hl=en&msgid=1I3XLjG1AAAJ&gpf=d/msg/chromebook-central/6BFkLBkUxWA/1I3XLjG1AAAJ Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• rocker454
    It is posted there - no solution yet. I do appreciate your suggestions.
  • JackE
    Can you verify that the KB keys are entering your username and password properly? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• rocker454
    My home screen come up like it usually does when I log in so all of that must be correct but it locks up a few seconds later.
  • JackE
    >>>It is posted there - no solution yet.>>>
    Sounds like you should keep giving yourself bumps on the google forum until you get at least some responses. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• rocker454
    Ok - when I went to Starbucks and signed into my computer  a few days ago I went to the advanced screen and had it do a power wash - should have realized that something was off when after awhile it came back up with my home page screen. Yesterday, I was going to try a few things when a window popped up asking if I would like to do a powerwash, so I did.  After it was complete and I went thru the sign in process everything is working again.
  • JackE
    >>>Tried that already and while I was at Starbucks I had the computer reset itself to factory settings - no help. >>>

Weird. I had assumed you had done the power wash when you said 'reset itself to factory settings'. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ