Acer Aspire M3300-E1222 what is the max CPU Upgrade

SmokeyDarkblade
SmokeyDarkblade Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
I was wondering what is the max CPU I can put in my Acer M3300-e1222 is i know its a AM2+/AM3 socket but I can't find any information only on what CPU it can hold max or what the max CPU wattage it supports is.

Current CPU is a Athlon X4 620 2.6ghz
[Edited the thread to add model name]

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited July 2018 Answer ✓
    According to a service guide, this model uses AM3 socket and supports AMD Phenom II 925, AMD Phenom II 805, AMD Phenom II 720! However confirm the socket with aida64, because the same model cards may show small differences!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Probably yes!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    edited July 2018 Answer ✓
    According to a service guide, this model uses AM3 socket and supports AMD Phenom II 925, AMD Phenom II 805, AMD Phenom II 720! However confirm the socket with aida64, because the same model cards may show small differences!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• SmokeyDarkblade
    Is there any way you can send me a copy of the service Guide as I have been looking for it for a while now
  • Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    SmokeyDarkblade 
    This model has Mainboard ATI RS780 Marvell 8071 ATX with CPU Socket Type: AMD Socket AM3
    It supports Processor Type : AM3 CPUs. Below mentioned are the processors and part number officially listed by Acer. You can check the specification of the CPU with the part number.
    AMD Phenom II 925    Part No : KC.PH202.925
    AMD Phenom II 805    Part No : KC.PH202.805
    AMD Phenom II 720    Part No : KC.PH202.720

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Acer prohibits ACEs from providing service guides to users! However it does not prevent ACEs from using the service guides to help users!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• SmokeyDarkblade
    Makes sense. So the socket wont support something like a AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition HDT90ZFBK6DGR

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Makes sense. So the socket wont support something like a AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition HDT90ZFBK6DGR

SmokeyDarkblade
    No, this  socket wont support  AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • SmokeyDarkblade
    edited July 2018
    I downloaded aida64 and is says North Bridge    AMD K10 IMC and North Bridge    AMD RS780/RS880

• SmokeyDarkblade
    If it supports a AMD Phenom II 925 will it support a AMD phenom II x4 850

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Probably yes!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• SmokeyDarkblade
    Thanks for all your help guys I will probably go for a AMD phenom II x4 850 then

• SmokeyDarkblade
    I was looking at updated bios files for this PC and found that as of Version: P03.B3 it Adds support for AMD 6-core CPU but dose not specify what CPU's
  • Commodore_1995#
    edited April 2019
    What is the bios version of your computer?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• SmokeyDarkblade
    What is the bios version of your computer?
    P03.B4
  • What is your model's chipset?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• SmokeyDarkblade
    What is your model's chipset?
    Motherboard Chipset                               AMD 760G/780G/780V/785G/790GX/880G/890GX, AMD K10
  • According to the service guide, this model has the AMD RS780 + AMD SB710 chipset!
    You can confirm on the device manager, see:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• SmokeyDarkblade
    North Bridge: AMD RS780/RS880  South Bridge: AMD SB750 Yep it is
  • SmokeyDarkblade
    According to the service guide, this model has the AMD RS780 + AMD SB710 chipset!
    You can confirm on the device manager, see:

North Bridge: AMD RS780/RS880  South Bridge: AMD SB750 Yep it is
  • PCNerd
    PCNerd Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited May 2023

Could someone answer me this question please. Will this motherboard work with an AMD FX processor?

ACER ASPIRE RS780M08A1 MS3300 MICRO ATX SOCKET AM3 MOTHERBOARD

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer

Without knowing what machine it came out of we can't really give you a good answer, since we don't have a cross reference to board models.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.