My touch pad has stopped working.

hotdeaths
hotdeaths Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I bought an Acer Chromebook 14 CBS-431 2-4 weeks ago after my old Toshiba Chromebook (of 4 years) started having issues. On the train journey back today my cursor suddenly froze. I re-booted my device to find my cursor had just gone missing. I have just gotten home and found that connecting a mouse seems to be working. Is this software/hardware and is there anything I can do to fix it (ideally without charge - I didn't drop it or anything it literally stopped working from nowhere). I have already contacted live support, but they didn't help me much, referring me to sending a form to an email. Any help appreciated :)

Answers

• The correct model is CB3-431?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • hotdeaths
    The correct model is CB3-431?
    Yes @egydiocoelho
    Acer Chromebook 14 CB3-431 is what the sticker on it says.
  • Did the touchpad work properly again?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • hotdeaths
    Did the touchpad work properly again?
    @egydiocoelho no, I haven't done anything and it still doesn't work. I have done a hard-reset and still hasn't done anything.
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer