Acer Chrome Tab 10 "enable unknown sources"?

MAR55
MAR55 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I recently bought Acer Chrome Tab 10 and changed to Dev OS. However when I side load an Andriod App a pop-up appears requiring me to change to Dev OS, which I have already done? Further research leads me to believe I must also "enable unknown sources", but I can't find where to do that? Can anyone assist please?

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,752 Pathfinder
    MAR55 said:
    I recently bought Acer Chrome Tab 10 and changed to Dev OS. However when I side load an Andriod App a pop-up appears requiring me to change to Dev OS, which I have already done? Further research leads me to believe I must also "enable unknown sources", but I can't find where to do that? Can anyone assist please?

To access it, open the Chrome OS settings screen and click the “App Settings” link under Android Apps.

Android’s Settings screen will open in a window on your Chromebook. Click or tap the “Security” option.

Enable the “Unknown Sources” option under Device Administration. You’ll see a warning telling you to be careful about what you download and install.

If you don’t see the Unknown Sources option here, your Chromebook isn’t in developer mode. This option only appears here when your Chromebook is in developer mode, so try going through Step One again.

Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • MAR55

Tinkerer

Hi Rudy 21, thank you, however my Acer Tab 10 shows OS dev mode, yet the Device Administration is still ghosted and can't be switched??? any ideas?
  • Rudy21
    MAR55 said:
    Hi Rudy 21, thank you, however my Acer Tab 10 shows OS dev mode, yet the Device Administration is still ghosted and can't be switched??? any ideas?
    Try switching the channel back to stable channel and then try the steps.
  • MAR55

Tinkerer

Hi Rudy... same issue after power wash and reload. I am in chrome Dev 75.0.3752.2 using operating system Android 7.1.1 and when I side load apk. banner pops-up stating to switch to Chrome OS Dev before opening... I press ok and nothing happens. Devise administration is still ghosted not allowing the unknown sources toggle to engage????
  • Rudy21
    MAR55 said:
    Hi Rudy... same issue after power wash and reload. I am in chrome Dev 75.0.3752.2 using operating system Android 7.1.1 and when I side load apk. banner pops-up stating to switch to Chrome OS Dev before opening... I press ok and nothing happens. Devise administration is still ghosted not allowing the unknown sources toggle to engage????
    is this chrome device a managed device ( Ex: used for college, schools, business etc ) If yes then i guess you might have to contact admin
  • MAR55

Tinkerer

No... my own device.
  • Rudy21
    MAR55 said:
    No... my own device.
    i'm afraid that i do not have much of solutions. Let me check if any of my colleagues have solution to your question.

@egydiocoelho , @brummyfan2, @MaClane can you help one of our community members please... 
  • MAR55

Tinkerer

Many thanks for any assist... I appreciate your time.
  • What is the exact model of chromebook?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MAR55

Tinkerer

Chromebook Tab 10 D651N-K9WT Chromebook Tablet.
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MAR55

Tinkerer

edited May 2020
    serial number NXH0BAA001XXXXX

Edited the content to hide sensitive information
    Acer-Samuel