Why doesn't Roblox work on Chromebook 11?

Tyrtlez
Tyrtlez Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Every time I try to play it says "Chrome OS can't open the page" Help

Best Answer

• Lanner_Falcon
    Lanner_Falcon Member Posts: 54 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Hi Tyrtlez, 

The Roblox hasn't created a version for Chromebook. However, there is another way to try it. 
    For this you have to access Google Play store on Chromebook. 

Looks like Acer Chromebook 11 (C730 / CB3-111 / C730E / CB3-131) models can access Play store. To check and get Roblox, try the following steps: 

1. Click on your user photo, usually located in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
    2. When the pop-out window appears, click on the Settings icon – represented by a gear.
    3. Chrome OS's Settings interface should now be displayed. Scroll down and search for a section labelled Google Play Store. If you cannot find this section, it likely means that your Chromebook model does not support Google Play Store apps and you'll need to try alternative methods.
    4. If you do locate this section and if it is not already enabled, activate it by selecting the TURN ON button and agreeing to the Google Play Terms of Service.

Now that you've enabled Google Play on your Chromebook, it's time to install Roblox.

1. Open your Chrome browser.
    2. Navigate to the Roblox page in the Google Play Store.
    3. Click on the INSTALL button.
    4. A progress bar will now be displayed, detailing the status of the file download process. Once complete, Roblox will automatically be installed.
    5. After installation is completed, select the OPEN button.
    6. Roblox will now launch and prompt you to either login or sign up for an account. To play Roblox at any time going forward, click on the Launcher button in the bottom left-hand corner of your screen and choose the game's icon.
    Try this and do inform us if its unsuccessful in helping you access the game. 

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,652 Pathfinder

Close the App and Re-Open It

1. Click the menu button, which looks like three lines in your Chromebook's Chrome browser on the top right.
      2. Click on More Tools in the pop-up menu.
      3. Click Task Manager.
      4. Select the process or program that you wish to force quit and click End Process on the bottom-right of the screen.

Restart Your Device

1. Click your account photo and then Sign out and then Turn off.
      2. Once your device has been powered down for 30 seconds, press the power button to turn it back on again.
      3. Reopen the app.

Re-Install the App

1. Click the Launcher icon, click All Apps, and locate the app you want to remove.
      2. Right-click the app icon and select Remove from Chrome.
      3. In the confirmation window, click Remove.

Make Sure That the Date and Time Is Correct

1. Click the status area of the taskbar, and then click Settings.
      2. Scroll to the bottom of the Settings page and click Show advanced settings.
      3. Use the Date and time section of the Settings page to change the following setting
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Tyrtlez 
    What is the full model number of your Chromebook 11? 
    This game can be only played on certain Chromebook models that could run apps from the Google Play Store.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Lanner_Falcon
    Lanner_Falcon Member Posts: 54 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Hi Tyrtlez, 

The Roblox hasn't created a version for Chromebook. However, there is another way to try it. 

Looks like Acer Chromebook 11 (C730 / CB3-111 / C730E / CB3-131) models can access Play store. To check and get Roblox, try the following steps: 

1. Click on your user photo, usually located in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
    2. When the pop-out window appears, click on the Settings icon – represented by a gear.
    3. Chrome OS's Settings interface should now be displayed. Scroll down and search for a section labelled Google Play Store. If you cannot find this section, it likely means that your Chromebook model does not support Google Play Store apps and you'll need to try alternative methods.
    4. If you do locate this section and if it is not already enabled, activate it by selecting the TURN ON button and agreeing to the Google Play Terms of Service.

Now that you've enabled Google Play on your Chromebook, it's time to install Roblox.

4. A progress bar will now be displayed, detailing the status of the file download process. Once complete, Roblox will automatically be installed.
    6. Roblox will now launch and prompt you to either login or sign up for an account. To play Roblox at any time going forward, click on the Launcher button in the bottom left-hand corner of your screen and choose the game's icon.
  • Magnetesim
    Magnetesim Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited December 2018
    I have the model CB3-111, version 73.0.3640.0 and nowhere in my settings does it say I can turn on google play. Whats wrong? I'm in developer mode to use crouton, maybe that affects whether or not it lets me use google play. Any help would be appreciated, all I wanted to do is play some roblox and now I'm in canary mode.
  • Ashle
    Ashle Member Posts: 2 New User
    i want to download roblox why can't i its dum 
  • Ashle
    Ashle Member Posts: 2 New User
    and i don' like it who agrees
  • Michelleb77
    Michelleb77 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Please confirm when the play store will be available for chrome book 11 as I have tried all ways to install roblox with no success without it. Hard to believe that unable to play a basic game that I can load on my phone but not on a PC. 
  • BrooksE1
    BrooksE1 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Yes, Its really bad. But theres this thing called Chrome Remote Desktop that works. It links to another computer device (NOT ACER) Like my mac and you can access everything on your other computer THROUGH Acer. If it doesn't work, check which CHromebook your on
  • Nahorsery6
    Nahorsery6 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Every time i go to roblox studios and i want to edit a game it dosn't dose nothing.
  • Emma_shyhumter
    Emma_shyhumter Member Posts: 3 New User
    Hi Tyrtlez, 

Hi Tyrtlez, 

so this means i can't get it :CCCCCCCCCC
  • zikria
    zikria Member Posts: 1 New User
    i dont have play store and if i go  on it when i download it doesn't download
  • ForceFighter500
    ForceFighter500 Member Posts: 1 New User
    When I did everything you said to play Roblox it says " Your Administrator has not given you access to this item", could you help me? Thank you!