Strange flickering/noise issue with XB271

Taumo
Taumo Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 14 in 2019 Archives
Hi guys.

Lately I've been having issues with my XB271 where it will start showing this weird noise mainly on - but not excluded to - the left side.
I'm not really sure if it's the monitor or my GPU that's causing it, so I figured I'd ask both places.
My GPU is a RFX 2060. I'm using the Display Port.

On the first GIF is the site imgur where the left side is a constant flicker/noise.
The second GIF is from the game Dungeons & Dragons Online where I noticed it happens a lot while I'm dead. Being dead causes a sort ghostly atmosphere, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.
The issue also arises in other games, though, like in World of Warcraft.

Has anyone experienced anything like this before? Would love some tips on how to fix it.

Here are my Nvidia control panel settings if they are needed:

Answers

• Taumo
    Taumo Member Posts: 2 New User
    Another way of triggering it that I found:
    This is whenever I move the questlog in World of Warcraft to the side. To be honest I'm completely stumped as I see no correlation between the different triggers.

• Razzopper
    Razzopper Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am having the same issue on the same monitor. So frustrated as I have already sent it in once for a dead USB port. I've done everything I can think of to isolate it without success. It even happens when I am at the desktop with nothing running. Mine is usually down the middle and occasionally a line runs horizontally about a 1/3 up the screen. Completely random and only lasts a moment.
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Hi Taumo and Razzopper,

I am very sorry to see that youre experiencing this issue with your Acer Predator XB271 monitor. Please contact your local Acer support channels for better assistance, go to our page https://www.acer.com/worldwide/ where you can select the country of your location and under support tab, you can find the available service centers and/or technical support phone numbers.

Note: This thread will be now closed. 

Thank you,
    Acer-Manny
This discussion has been closed.