After bios update 1.13 Ryzen 2500u cpu stuck on 3.05 ghz max speed when plugged in

sameerpanzer
sameerpanzer Member Posts: 4 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
I upgraded my bios recently from 1.11 to 1.13 and now when plugged in I get a Max speed of 3.05 GHz.pls need a fix ASAP

Best Answer

• NaGaBaN
    NaGaBaN Member Posts: 1 New User
    Answer ✓
    Nothing is wrong with your Laptops its All the 3.6Ghz is Boost only on one Core Max Turbo on All cores  is 3.05Ghz,While Ryzen 5 3500 U is Clocked higher on 3.7Ghz on One Core with all Cores up to 3.1Ghz Both Ryzens have base clock of 2.1Ghz but Windows Managment may underclock it to 1.05Ghz to sustain more battery power,I Hope I Answered your questions,Thank you for Feedback 

Answers

• r4vent
    r4vent Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Yes i have same issue please acer fix it
  • r4vent

Tinkerer

Is any way how downgrade to 1,11?
  • sameerpanzer
    No, we cannot downgrade bios in Acer laptops
  • anuraagkhare2121
    anuraagkhare2121 Member Posts: 35 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    And here I thought that my laptop got defected. Shame that acer underclocked the processor to 3.05 ghz. You can unlock TDP to unlock full capacity of the processor at 3.6ghz.
  • r4vent

Tinkerer

I cant believe it how many issues have this model and with next bios we will have 2.8ghz because acer cant make nothing i never more buy acer laptop.
  • sameerpanzer
    We can now just hope that in next update acer fix the issue
  • gurvir1212
    gurvir1212 Member Posts: 10 New User
    My laptop went from 3.6 ghz base speed to 2.0 ghz base speed, is this related to that im on the acer nitro 5 all amd
  • rahulpareek9250
    rahulpareek9250 Member Posts: 119 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Same issue for me
  • NaGaBaN
    NaGaBaN Member Posts: 1 New User
    Answer ✓
    Nothing is wrong with your Laptops its All the 3.6Ghz is Boost only on one Core Max Turbo on All cores  is 3.05Ghz,While Ryzen 5 3500 U is Clocked higher on 3.7Ghz on One Core with all Cores up to 3.1Ghz Both Ryzens have base clock of 2.1Ghz but Windows Managment may underclock it to 1.05Ghz to sustain more battery power,I Hope I Answered your questions,Thank you for Feedback