PREDATOR PH317-52 - Black screen after laptop has been in sleep overnight/long time

Answers

• praveenjelish
    praveenjelish Member Posts: 29 Troubleshooter
     Thank you, can you tell me how to use the recovery and restore option on pen drive ? 
  • JohnCena
    JohnCena Member Posts: 460 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    @egydiocoelho yes the predator logo appears when i force reboot.  
    @JohnCena I am doing a complete factory reset and do a stress test after, can you suggest me a tool to do it. 
    Yes you can do with XTU for cpu and msi kombustor for gpu
  • Have you tried using the alt + f10 command, according to this video?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFuWwuc2oH4
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JohnCena
    I get this Error while resetting , using a bootable usb drive 
    Do not reset do a clear setup of Windows. Get a bootable flash and make it a recovery flash. Boot with it and setup your type of Windows. When doing it click on the drive what you installed windows on and delete drive. Press create new. This will delete EVERYTHING. I do not accept any responsibilities. If you dont know how watch a video about it.
  • praveenjelish
    i have a clean install now following the steps and installing acer drivers now, hope i dont have video issues after this. 
  • JohnCena
    i have a clean install now following the steps and installing acer drivers now, hope i dont have video issues after this. 
    Do you setted up Windows or are you just started to set up? Also let Windows doing updates and loading recommended drivers. If you do stress test you can understand your gpu broken or healty. Did you delete all the disk or did you overwrited?
  • praveenjelish
    edited March 2019
    @JohnCena i did a complete reset so i can point out any hardware issue to the store and not get stuck with software test and a windows reset when i send it for service. 
  • JohnCena
    I suggest you to make stress tests maybe there was an issue only in Windows.
  • JohnCena
    A similar issue was in my aspire vx15 and I solved it like this a clean install of w10. Now it is fast like a SSD.(ok not too much)
  • praveenjelish
    I did a stress test is MSI kombuster  and the laptop restarted once when i exit the app. i will re-run the test with predator sense and cool boost on. 
  • JohnCena
    If it happens again there is a hardware issue .
  • praveenjelish
    edited March 2019

@JohnCena The temperature reached upto 92C while running the test for 5 mins. the laptop didn't crash this time.  
  • JohnCena
    Answer ✓

@JohnCena The temperature reached upto 92C while running the test for 5 mins. the laptop didn't crash this time.  
    That's bad, can you underclock and stress test to CPU and check the main problem is solved or not?
  • JohnCena
    Or undervolt, no difference. Watch a video for it or do it yourself on XTU. Just underclock a bit. 
  • Check here in this table, that the temperature reached, was very close to the acceptable limit, see:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JohnCena
    egydiocoelho schrieb:
    Check here in this table, that the temperature reached, was very close to the acceptable limit, see:

You mean it is good?
  • Not! I meant the maximum limit was reached! I suggest you keep testing the notebook!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JohnCena
    @praveenjelish Can you do the test for 15 mins?
  • praveenjelish
    edited March 2019
    @JohnCena Thank you for the suggestion, i am trying undervolting and running the test now
  • JohnCena
    I can response later before this hour but when I am free I will look at results if you send them.