How to get the screen darker(Aspire 7 A717-72G-74BI)

Komodo
Komodo Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
I bought an Acer Aspire 7 A717-72G-74BI. The screen - even in its darkest setting - is so bright that it is killing my eyes.  Technically it must be possible to have it darker as I can see that occasionally when the laptop is not connected to the grid (as it usually is). I am afraid that will take an update of the bios. Can anyone help me?

Comments

• OrganizedChaos
    OrganizedChaos Member Posts: 24 Networker
    edited January 2019
    I'm assuming you're running Windows 10. Try this. Open All Settings (from your Notification panel or Start Menu) and click on System. The top option on the left sidebar is Display (it should open to this by default after clicking System). There's a slider to adjust screen brightness. 
    Also, still in System. Choose Power & Sleep on the left sidebar. Then click Additional Power Settings. This will open a new widow in Control Panel. One of the radio buttons will be chosen for the Power Plan you're currently running. You can click Change Plan Settings and, using the slider on that page, you can choose the screen brightness for both On battery and Plugged in. Be sure to click Save Changes when you're done. Hope that helps.
  • Jenicachen
    Jenicachen Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Just type "brightness" under search bar. There you can manually adjust your desired setting. Take note when connected to ac charger, the screen automatically adjust to high brightness. Make sure to adjust also power setting options
  • Komodo
    Komodo Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I don't see what I can do more than what you see in the picture.

• Alia5
    Alia5 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Can anyone control the brightness level in BIOS screen ?