Acer Swift 3 SF315-41 Wi-FI Connection Issue

Levi21xD
Levi21xD Member Posts: 62 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Heyah! So ive found an issue with my unit where if i open & close/move the display/lid to and fro in some cases the wifi disconnects and doesnt detect until i disable-reenable the driver in device manager
so this is probably a lose contact in hardware side? im on BIOS 2.12 if that helps (i dont think its software related)
if anyone tries what i did above and share your results that would be great.
its a temporary fix for me to disable-reenable the driver but its annoying whenever i move my laptop in some way ( THE DISPLAY/LID IN PARTICULAR)

if i dont touch/move it everything is fine until i do the mentioned thing. :( dont have any screenshots for this matter.

TL:DR found issue with wifi when opening closing moving display/lid can anyone reproduce this?

Best Answers

• AmolSoans
    AmolSoans Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited March 2019 Answer ✓
    Levi21xD said:
    AmolSoans said:
    Levi21xD said:
    Heyah! So ive found an issue with my unit where if i open & close/move the display/lid to and fro in some cases the wifi disconnects and doesnt detect until i disable-reenable the driver in device manager
    so this is probably a lose contact in hardware side? im on BIOS 2.12 if that helps (i dont think its software related)
    its a temporary fix for me to disable-reenable the driver but its annoying whenever i move my laptop in some way ( THE DISPLAY/LID IN PARTICULAR)

if i dont touch/move it everything is fine until i do the mentioned thing. :( dont have any screenshots for this matter.

TL:DR found issue with wifi when opening closing moving display/lid can anyone reproduce this?
    Have the Exact issue,
    Its actually worse for me, WiFi adapter Randomly disconnects even if the laptop isnt being moved and sometimes disabling and re-enabling it doesn't work . You maybe right that it is a hardware issue (but why does it work rest of the time?), since a friend has the same laptop without these issues.
    if you have found any solutions please keep us updated thanks!
    Unfortunately clean install didn't work for me, I think I'll retry bios downgrade to 2.11
    Got some work to do so I'll probably be very late. You can try the above driver solutions mentioned above by edy, didn't work for me--doesnt mean it wouldn't work for you. Good luck!
      I would like to mention that my BIOS version is 2.11 ,the problem still exists.  Ive tried the disabling the battery saver as mentioned ,the issue occurs less frequently now .
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Do the following: copy the idhardware from the wireless network card and paste it in google! It will go some drivers and download the latest:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Levi21xD
    Do the following: copy the idhardware from the wireless network card and paste it in google! It will go some drivers and download the latest:

I've already tried different drivers and different bios. With different OS linuxmint, Manjaro, Ubuntu, windows 10. 
    The disconnection I meant was the device being totally unrecognized by laptop and showing red Cross symbol over Ethernet icon.

There is no option for wifi when this happens. The airplane mode also doesn't help with restarting the connection. It just picks up where we left off.
    So manual enable wifi driver restarts the process and reconnects with device. 
    Hardware related it seems. I thought maybe others with same laptop has build quality issues like this. 
  • What is the version of operational system? 1703, 1803 ou 1809?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Levi21xD
    What is the version of operational system? 1703, 1803 ou 1809?
    1809. And as I said I've used many other OSes and it's the same.
  • I also want you to download the driverpack program that is in the signature to update the other notebook drivers! It is possible that some other driver is causing this problem!
    Uncheck these programs:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Levi21xD
    edited March 2019
    I also want you to download the driverpack program that is in the signature to update the other notebook drivers! It is possible that some other driver is causing this problem!
    Uncheck these programs:

havent tried this but i just found something else in the events log of driver. this was registered in it 2 days ago.

Device PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_003E&SUBSYS_080711AD&REV_32\4&d7fc392&0&000F had a problem starting.

Driver Name: netathr10x.inf
    Class Guid: {4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
    Service: Qcamain10x64
    Lower Filters:
    Upper Filters: vwifibus
    Problem: 0x25
    Problem Status: 0xC00000BB

EDIT: to my surprise its because of the Battery saver options in windows and linux for some reason.
    yes ive tried things above fren, it seems like the battery saver disconnects wifi device as a whole. just confirmed that it works fine whatever i do if i have it disabled. thanks for your help. i just realized its not hardware issue. finally!!

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Levi21xD

I also want you to download the driverpack program that is in the signature to update the other notebook drivers! It is possible that some other driver is causing this problem!
    Uncheck these programs:

still nope, issue is hardware related. im sorry im confusing everyone with my different posts.
    i just had the issue again and its DEFINITELY hardware related. rip me
  • OK! Try disabling this here:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Levi21xD
    OK! Try disabling this here:

Tried that too, sadly didn't fix the problem
    Hey, thanks for trying to help me this far. I really appreciate it.
    I have an external USB wifi adapter so I'll survive ;) I'll probably open my laptop later, I will see if I can do something about it then. Maybe buy a new inbuilt pcie adapter .. 
    Until then my 300mbps tplink is more than enough 
    Once again THANK YOU for trying to help!!

• I think this is not a problem in the hardware, but rather some incompatibility between the driver and windows10! Are you using version 1803 or 1809 of windows 10?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Levi21xD
    I think this is not a problem in the hardware, but rather some incompatibility between the driver and windows10! Are you using version 1803 or 1809 of windows 10?
    windows 10 1809, okay i think ill do the driver update you mentioned above in a clean install. ill let you know in 12hrs or later. but the whole day today i didnt have any issue, ill report back later after a clean install of windows 
  • There is no need to reinstall the operating system! Have you already tested with the driver I provided?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AmolSoans

Tinkerer

Levi21xD said:

Have the Exact issue,
    Its actually worse for me, WiFi adapter Randomly disconnects even if the laptop isnt being moved and sometimes disabling and re-enabling it doesn't work . You maybe right that it is a hardware issue (but why does it work rest of the time?), since a friend has the same laptop without these issues.
  • Levi21xD
    AmolSoans said:
    Levi21xD said:

Have the Exact issue,
    Unfortunately clean install didn't work for me, I think I'll retry bios downgrade to 2.11
    Got some work to do so I'll probably be very late. You can try the above driver solutions mentioned above by edy, didn't work for me--doesnt mean it wouldn't work for you. Good luck!
  • AmolSoans

Tinkerer

edited March 2019 Answer ✓
    Levi21xD said:
    AmolSoans said:
    Levi21xD said:

Have the Exact issue,
      I would like to mention that my BIOS version is 2.11 ,the problem still exists.  Ive tried the disabling the battery saver as mentioned ,the issue occurs less frequently now .
  • Levi21xD
    AmolSoans said:
    Levi21xD said:
    AmolSoans said:
    Levi21xD said:

Have the Exact issue,
    I've marked yours as the answer for now. Although it's effect is not 100% at least we know it does SOMETHING about the issue.
    I've had less wifi disconnection after doing the same myself. But the problem still arises when I move my laptop in some way.

I don't think the issue is with my lid open close, may also be issue with the pcie connectivity. I've tried to beat my laptop up in some known places (yes torture) it's not pinpointing so.... If you are able to open your laptop up, check the wifi device connected to the board properly or lose connection.
  • AmolSoans

Tinkerer

I've read somewhere that the audio drivers conflict with the wlan drivers ,its seems to be true because sometimes my speaker starts crackling (i found a band-aid fix for that ) and my wifi stops working along with it. Is there any way for me to check whether that's the case?

i'll some other solutions too and keep this thread updated

• Levi21xD
    AmolSoans said:

I've read somewhere that the audio drivers conflict with the wlan drivers ,its seems to be true because sometimes my speaker starts crackling (i found a band-aid fix for that ) and my wifi stops working along with it. Is there any way for me to check whether that's the case?

i'll some other solutions too and keep this thread updated

OMG yeah, although I use my headphones like ALL THE TIME I hear that small jitter and my video stutters at that particular moment I can notice. I suddenly check my wifi just to see it fucced up.
    Oh, I've noticed that before this thread too. That's why I tried to uninstall realtek driver and reinstall, tried without any audio drivers too. But IDK I didn't come to a correct conclusion. Maybe I should look more into this too.
  • Levi21xD
    @egydiocoelho May be right after all. @AmolSoans also, The realtek drivers may also be an issue, remember when i said it turns to ethernet icon and shows red cross? i thought our wifi device disconnected, maybe thats not the case, maybe the issue was an useless ethernet driver associated with something trying to load, resulting in our wifi device going berserk? idk, take a look here
    i maybe wrong but idk how to proceed with this matter anymore, ill do a clean install again this weekend when i have time and make sure to download the driver given in the acer website and not windows update. i also tried to shake my laptop, even drop it but nothing happened today, but when i was watching something on my MPC-HC audio disrupted for a short second and wifi disconnected.

so for me its being once per day for some reason. let me know if you find something on your end.