Windows 64 bit wont boot after ram upgrade

Fiants
Fiants Member Posts: 4 New User
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi, i have acer aspire 4738z . I got problem with windows booting after ram upgrade. I installed venom rx 4GB ddr3 PC 12800 along with the old ram. The old ram is 2GB DDR3 Venom rx 2GB  DDR3 PC 12800. It got BSOD everytime the 4GB ram installed. But when i downgrade the os windows to 32 bit both of them work fine both of them. Is there any solution ? I want the 4GB ram fully worked. 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer
    What 64-bit Windows version is installed? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Fiants
    The ultimate version.
  • JackE
    Some BIOS don't tolerate 2GB+4GB very well. Sometimes they only want 2GB+2GB or 4GB+4GB.

First, try switching the modules so its 4GB+2GB instead of 2GB+4GB. Also make sure the BIOS recognizes the full 6GB memory by pressing the F2 key to enter the BIOS menu. If the BIOS sees 6GB, then press the F10 key to save settings and exit the BIOS. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Fiants
    sorry for the late respond, i've tried your option with switching the modules  but still it always restarting (not booting up). The bios detected the new ram, but everytime i tried to install the windows 64 bit it cant even enter the setup installation (now im on windows 32 bit). 
  • JackE
    Does Win64 boot OK with only the one 4GB module installed? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ