Charger keeps turning on and off while plugged in, Helios 300 (G3-571)

hitachi47
hitachi47 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Hi there. I've had my Helios 300 for about 9 months now. Just the other day, either my battery or my charger seems to be acting weird. Every 10-15 seconds or so, my screen dims, and laptop "beeps" that my battery is not charging, and then a few seconds later the screen will get bright and "beep" that it is charging again. The charger is plugged in the whole time it is doing this. I tried resetting the battery by putting a paperclip into the battery reset simulation button at the base of my laptop, but that did not work. Any suggestions? Does it seem like there is a problem with the battery or the charger? Thanks. 

Answers

• Have you tried uninstalling the ac adapter and battery driver in the device manager? Then restart the notebook!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • hitachi47

Tinkerer

Thank you for the suggestion. I just tried this but unfortunately it did not work. 
  • hitachi47

Tinkerer

edited March 2019
    I unplugged the charger and let the battery run down to about 70%. I plugged the charger back in and let it charge all the way back to 100%. That did not fix it either. I contacted Acer the get a new charger to see if that is the problem, otherwise it may be a problem with the internal battery. 
  • hitachi47

Tinkerer

The problem only occurs when the laptop is fully charged. As it is charging from 70% to 100% the problem does not happen. I dont know if that changes anything in terms of trying to find out why this is happening. 
  • Did you remove the two drivers, AC adapter and battery? Does this problem occur when you're playing? What is the version of bios and windows 10? 1803 or 1809?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • hitachi47

Tinkerer

I uninstalled both of the drivers. The problem occurs no matter what I am doing. As long as the battery is fully charged, every 10-20 seconds it beeps that it is not charging, and then it beeps 3-4 seconds later again that it started charging again. It is fully charging, but it is annoying.

When I tried to update my Windows 10, it says it is the most up to date. When I searched for the bios version it comes out as V1.10.
  • Did you check if the problem happened after some windows update? Do you remember the exact date that the problem occurred so that we can use the restore and turn the system back to a point before the problem arises?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• geekromi
    geekromi Member Posts: 144 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    It seems to me, a bad connection beetween the charger plug and the inner laptop socket, have you ever pulled the cord while it was on charging? , then, that could have caused the internal Charging laptop socket contacts to get damaged.
    Hope I was  "understandable" !
  • hitachi47

Tinkerer

Yeah I thought about that, but it seems unlikely. I rarely move my laptop from it's place on the desk I use. I haven't moved it in probably a month, and the charging cord is in the corner where it would be hard for it to be pulled on. 

As far as the update and timing of the beeping, it started beeping 2 days after an system update. I tried restoring it, but that ended up being a disastaster. After I restored my laptop, the laptop got stuck trying to "diagnose and repair". I couldn't get past the start screen. I tried many different solutions but none of them were working. I eventually had to reset my laptop (keeping my files, but deleting my apps). Everything worked out ok, I just have to re-download a bunch of stuff, but that was scary. 
  • Hello Friend! as you have solved the problem, accept your own answer to get the topic resolved!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• hitachi47

Tinkerer

It is not resolved. It is still beeping. 
  • OK! Can you tell if the windows version is 1803 or 1809? I also suggest you download this program to update the drivers: http://download.drp.su/17-online/DriverPack-17-Online_1991222665.1544923988.exe
    Uncheck these programs:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JohnCena
    JohnCena Member Posts: 460 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    On other brand of laptop they have an app for protecting battery. If you have like this this may cause to this. Did you booted in safe mode?
  • OpticDemon
    OpticDemon Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

I am having the same problem.The battery charges till 80 percent then the charging keeps on connecting and disconnecting.
  • OpticDemon

Tinkerer

Everything works fine until the battery reaches 80 percent but after that the charger keeps connecting and disconnecting after every 4-5 seconds.Please help ASAP.
  • JohnCena
    Everything works fine until the battery reaches 80 percent but after that the charger keeps connecting and disconnecting after every 4-5 seconds.Please help ASAP.
    Yes can you boot in safe mode that looks like a battery protector app boot in safe mode and write here it repeated or not
  • OpticDemon

Tinkerer

JohnCena said:
    Yes can you boot in safe mode that looks like a battery protector app boot in safe mode and write here it repeated or not
    The problem still persists even after I boot in safe mode. Also The charger keeps on disconnecting irrespective of whether I am using my laptop or not.
  • Have you checked if the power adapter or dcin jack cable, if any of them are in trouble?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JohnCena
    Have you checked if the power adapter or dcin jack cable, if any of them are in trouble?
    No if there was a problem it might not charge but he says on 80 percent