PREDATOR PH317-52 - Black screen after laptop has been in sleep overnight/long time

praveenjelish
praveenjelish Member Posts: 29 Troubleshooter
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
I recently brought Acer Predator 300  PH317-52 laptop in Sweden.
Bios Version : 1.22.
1. I started having random game crashes while playing  BF5 and Starwars Battlefront 2. so i disabled predator sense the crashes stopped for a while, i starting to have issue again after reinstalling predator sense. Is there a know issue with the predator sense too ?
2. when i put the laptop in sleep mode for long time say overnight , powering up the laptop ends up in black screen. the keyboard back-light is ON . 
3. I sometimes end up getting a frozen screen with green lines on the top part of the screen. 
Should i send the laptop back top the store for service or Is there know fixes for this issue.

Best Answers

• JohnCena
    JohnCena Member Posts: 460 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

@JohnCena The temperature reached upto 92C while running the test for 5 mins. the laptop didn't crash this time.  
    That's bad, can you underclock and stress test to CPU and check the main problem is solved or not?
  • JohnCena
    Answer ✓
    And make preffered gpu automatic and reboot.

Answers

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    edited March 2019
    There are many posts here for this exact issue.

Anyways, go to power options and turn off "fast startup" whatever it is called option, and you should be good.

Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • praveenjelish
    edited March 2019
    @sri369 Thank you for your suggestion,  I disabled fast startup yesterday, i encountered the same issue even after turning off fast startup 

• sri369
    Can you do a clean shut down and start up and see if the issue reoccurs?
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • praveenjelish
    @sri369 i tried  clean shutdown yesterday, i had the same issue today morning the keyboard back light was on but turned off after 3 seconds. I am removing predator sense and updating all drivers to see if that resolves the problem.
  • sri369
    @sri369 i tried  clean shutdown yesterday, i had the same issue today morning the keyboard back light was on but turned off after 3 seconds. I am removing predator sense and updating all drivers to see if that resolves the problem.
    That is kind of weird, but okay. Also disable windows auto updating of drivers. Let me know how this goes. And don't stress out, this issue is rectifiable (it might take a few attempts though).
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
  • praveenjelish
    edited March 2019
    @sri369 The above options didnt help me. planning to do a factory reset to rule out any software issues. so i can send it in for service if its hardware related. 
    Is there any other diagnostics that i can do before ruling out software issues ? 
  • have you ever tried to update your video drivers?
    www.intel.com and www.nvidia.com
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • sri369
    @sri369 The above options didnt help me. planning to do a factory reset to rule out any software issues. so i can send it in for service if its hardware related. 
    Is there any other diagnostics that i can do before ruling out software issues ? 
    I had this issue on mine. I resolved this doing a CLEAN install of windows (from windows site downloaded windows copy) and then installing Acer drivers from Acer web site.

But before you do anything... BACKUP all your data!
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
  • JohnCena
    Windows is worst. Anyways when green line issue happens did you connect to a monitor? If not try it.
  • praveenjelish
    @JohnCena i connected it to my external monitor, the laptop was completely frozen
  • JohnCena
    Have you ever done a stress test of GPU and CPU? 
  • praveenjelish
    nope havent tried stress testing  
  • A question: does the acer logo appear before entering windows? Can you access the bios through the notebook display?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JohnCena
    @praveenjelish Can you do it?
  • praveenjelish
    edited March 2019
    @egydiocoelho yes the predator logo appears when i force reboot.  
    @JohnCena I am doing a complete factory reset and do a stress test after, can you suggest me a tool to do it. 
  • Is the windows image displayed on an external monitor? have you tried reinstalling the window by pressing alt + f10 before the Acer logo?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• praveenjelish
    I get this Error while resetting , using a bootable usb drive 
  • Have you chosen the option to delete or keep files?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• praveenjelish
    Delete completely and clear all drives. I am doing a complete reinstall using USB boot device to rule out any hardware issues. 
  • I suggest you do not reinstall windows, using a pendrive, because of the recovery partition of Acer! However, you can use the recovery and restore options that will be on the pendrive!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer