ACER Nitro 5 AN515-52-512J ram ssd upgrade thermal paste

CerulLiber
CerulLiber Member Posts: 15

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
dear Acer super-team,
I just bought this awesome laptop.
most important thing-could you help me please with compatible ram upgrade? 

for ssd I  have 970 evo 1tb from Samsung
for thermal paste I`m thinking about Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra https://www.coollaboratory.com/product/coollaboratory-liquid-ultra/ 
or Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut
what u think ?
many thanks !!!

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hello! Like your notebook, I do not think there is a need to change the processor's thermal paste!
    On ssd, this model accepts ssd nvme gen3x4 or sata 3. On ram, it accepts this type:

https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Acer-Nitro-AN515-52/83703
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Another upgrade you can do, would be to replace the hd with a 2.5 "sata 3 ssd!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • chromey
    chromey Member Posts: 39 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited March 2019 Answer ✓
    dear Acer super-team,

for thermal paste I`m thinking about Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra https://www.coollaboratory.com/product/coollaboratory-liquid-ultra/ 
    what u think ?
    many thanks !!!

I changed my thermalpaste to Noctua NH-T1 on my 515-52 and it brought temps down nicely with including undervolt.
    The laptop was only a couple of months old, but i had to scrape the old paste off since it was so dry.

But i noticed that there is a manufacturing "flaw" on the heatsink itself, it produces uneven pressure to the cpu die, so 2 cores are running 5-10c hotter than 2 other ones in my case the cores were 2 & 4 (same on all 515-52 models)

As you can see from the image below, the 2 "arms" on the heatsink below the cpu (right side) are 1.5-2x thinner than the top ones & they feel reeally flimsy.

I have 0 clue why they arent as thick as top ones, since they dont produce enough pressure = worse temps on 2 cores

Edit: This issue deserves its own thread  :#

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Hello! Like your notebook, I do not think there is a need to change the processor's thermal paste!
    On ssd, this model accepts ssd nvme gen3x4 or sata 3. On ram, it accepts this type:

https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Acer-Nitro-AN515-52/83703

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• CerulLiber

Tinkerer

ssd-samsung evo x4
    ram - 32 gb crucial 2666
    thermal paste-why not ? 
    up to -10 degree C
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRe0ZcZLA6w
    many thanks
    CerulLiber
  • Your notebook is still too new to change the thermal paste! I would only trade the thermal paste, if it was for another of superior chemical composition and if I used the notebook in high performance programs or games!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• CerulLiber

Tinkerer

ok.
    any other upgrades possible?
    many thanks !!!  :)
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Another upgrade you can do, would be to replace the hd with a 2.5 "sata 3 ssd!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• chromey
    chromey Member Posts: 39 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited March 2019 Answer ✓
    dear Acer super-team,

what u think ?
    many thanks !!!

I changed my thermalpaste to Noctua NH-T1 on my 515-52 and it brought temps down nicely with including undervolt.
    The laptop was only a couple of months old, but i had to scrape the old paste off since it was so dry.

But i noticed that there is a manufacturing "flaw" on the heatsink itself, it produces uneven pressure to the cpu die, so 2 cores are running 5-10c hotter than 2 other ones in my case the cores were 2 & 4 (same on all 515-52 models)

As you can see from the image below, the 2 "arms" on the heatsink below the cpu (right side) are 1.5-2x thinner than the top ones & they feel reeally flimsy.

I have 0 clue why they arent as thick as top ones, since they dont produce enough pressure = worse temps on 2 cores

Edit: This issue deserves its own thread  :#

• CerulLiber

Tinkerer

time to upgrade heatsink for a new laptop and void warranty
  • CerulLiber

Tinkerer

in case some other users want to see what they can do with this laptop
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/15523957
    Gaming 44% Speed boat 
    Desktop 135% UFO