GPU fan doesn't spin Nitro AN515-42

Naffri
Naffri Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
My GPU fan doesn't seem to spin even after i set it into max.. the only fan thats spin is CPU fan only
im using acer nitro 5 with ryzen

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Use a thin object to give a little push to the fan if it is indeed not spinning and it isn't just the software displaying it wrong.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Naffri
    i tried giving a little push to the fan and it is indeed not spinning at all...
    Nitro AN515-42
    AMD RYZEN 5 with RADEON Vega mobile Gfx
    Window 10
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    You can try resetting the battery just in case:
    https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34843/~/acer-internal-battery-reset

If that doesn't help you should contact Acer if the device has warranty. 

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Naffri
    could the dust be the problem?? i ask my friend opinions and they said it could be the dust collecting inside...
  • Andy_L
    Andy_L Member Posts: 4 New User
    I just had this issue. I took my fan out to clean it and found a stray piece of plastic stuck it in which had stopped the fan moving. Removed it and now it works fine. If you are still in warranty you might want to avoid taking it apart but otherwise might be worth a look.