ACER ASPIRE E5-774G support PCIe NVME

Theo76500
Theo76500 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello,
I would like to know if my PC support a Samsung SSD 970 EVO PLUS.    

https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwjK_qGOoIXhAhWM53cKHdzrCH4YABABGgJlZg&sig=AOD64_3uTNXo8kiYYiO1hPENNA9YfZCy_w&ctype=5&q=&ved=0ahUKEwjTmJqOoIXhAhUNYVAKHTUMAUIQ9aACCDc&adurl=

I have a PCIe 3.0 and the Maximum Link Width : 4.0

Thank for your awnser 

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited March 2019 Answer ✓
    Yes, your model accepts nvme gen3x2, see: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/502800/acer-e5-774g-71e4-ssd-upgrade
    The service manual only shows compatibility with sata 3. However, this port indicates that it may be compatible with ssd m2 2280 nvme gen3x2!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    Despite your screenshot, specs indicate the 970 should work but only at SATA3 speeds. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Theo76500
    Theo76500 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Thank for your awnser 

How do you know that ?

I have another port with Max Link at 2x
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited March 2019 Answer ✓
    Yes, your model accepts nvme gen3x2, see: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/502800/acer-e5-774g-71e4-ssd-upgrade
    The service manual only shows compatibility with sata 3. However, this port indicates that it may be compatible with ssd m2 2280 nvme gen3x2!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • cuvtixo
    cuvtixo Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

This is a bit old, but I want to confirm egydiocoelho's post, on a Samsung EVO 970 Pro upgrade. Underneath is a comparison of three types of drives on a completely different computer using CrystalDiskMark 6.0.1  It gives a good relative comparison. I'm a total beginner with this software, but except for the first sequential read test, it does well compared to standard NVMe, and it kills compared to SATA drives. I installed Samsung_NVM_Express_Driver_3.3 and Samsung's Magician software. (I forget in what order).  Seems worthwhile upgrade. I don't have stats for the original M.2 drive, but it didn't feel much faster than SATA booting. This new drive does.

• @cuvtixo Ideally, you should create a new topic. You can add me by putting an @.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• majjinbuuhoo
    majjinbuuhoo Member Posts: 3 New User
    @cuvtixo Was that on the same model as the OP? A E5-756G? I'm considering the SN500 since it seems to have really good specs for PCIe 3.0x2