my laptop (acer nitro 5 ) is constantly overheating

juangiraldo77
juangiraldo77 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
my laptop (acer nitro 5 ) is constantly overheating to the point where i only feel comfortable with gaming 30 mins at a time because i feel long term temps of over 80c will damage my laptop, the worst part is that ive only had it for about 9 months and im afraid of opening it and cleaning it because i dont want to void warranty. is the overheating in such a short period of time a reason to send in my laptop and use the warranty so i can get it fixed or replaced or what should i do 

Best Answers

Answers

• tobimaru
    tobimaru Member Posts: 315 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    There's not much to opening the bottom and cleaning out the dust. Something like 15 identical screws, the bottom unsnaps. If you don't want to open it you can blow compressed air from underneath, and attempt to clean the fans that way.

80C is not cause for alarm and Acer certainly won't replace the laptop as that's well within operating temperatures.
  • juangiraldo77
    juangiraldo77 Member Posts: 2 New User
    tobimaru said:
    There's not much to opening the bottom and cleaning out the dust. Something like 15 identical screws, the bottom unsnaps. If you don't want to open it you can blow compressed air from underneath, and attempt to clean the fans that way.

80C is not cause for alarm and Acer certainly won't replace the laptop as that's well within operating temperatures.
    OK thank you so much, i do have one last question if i open it to clean the fans what should i use to brush off the dust and should i unplug battery as most videos on how to clean other laptops say to do ?. Im just very nervous about doing this and i don't want to damage my laptop 
  • tobimaru
    tobimaru Member Posts: 315 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Yes unplug the battery if you're working within the laptop. It's a good safety precaution as it's totally possible to power on the laptop even with the bottom removed and the fans would spin up.

I used a soft old tooth brush on my fans! But almost anything works that is not abrasive and will get between the fins. IF you can at the same time blow air while cleaning it should knock all the dust loose.