Acer Predator screen flashing when the laptop turning on, only while it's cold

LightAnton
LightAnton Member Posts: 19

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

Comments

• Hello! Have you checked if this problem remains in the bios? What is the exact model of the notebook? Example an515-51-75kz!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • LightAnton

Tinkerer

yes..while system is starting but then its stops and i can play for 4 hours games no problem...
  • That's not what I want to know! What I would like to know is, does the display also blink when you are in the bios?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • LightAnton

Tinkerer

you mean in bios settings when I turn on laptop.?
  • Yes! That's right! I wonder if the display also blinks when you enter the bios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    Seems to me its a bad display cable or not connected properly

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    yes..while system is starting but then its stops and i can play for 4 hours games no problem...
    How cold is cold? Check the operating temperature. I had this issue with my phone when i used to place it in window at nights (and it gets really cold). Once the phone warms up a bit, or in a warmer temperature, it got back to normal. Maybe the same is happening to your screen too.
    Also, one more thing you can try to do is to increase screen brightness so more power goes to the screen warming it up quickly. This could help too.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • LightAnton

Tinkerer

• LightAnton

Tinkerer

laptop do it only for 30 sec to  1 min and sometimes if I move the screen
  • This problem may be on the display or on the flat cable!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• LightAnton

Tinkerer

i bought it in argos in longford 1 year ago. Can i return it ? any advices
  • Could you tell me the exact model of the notebook? Example an515-51-75kz!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• LightAnton

Tinkerer

herefefefefefe
  • You should check this cable flat on these two points:

Remembering that can be a problem on the display too!
    Maybe this site will help you: https://laptopmedia.com/highlights/inside-acer-predator-helios-300-17-inch-ph317-51-disassembly-internal-photos-and-upgrade-options/

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• LightAnton

Tinkerer

thx a lot.
  • LightAnton

Tinkerer

You mean there could be a bad connection??
  • Yes, the cable may be badly connected or defective. This could be a problem on the display! I would also like you to verify that the same problem occurs when you connect an external monitor!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• sri369
    For people saying @LightAnton cable is loose... he is mentioning that this blinking happens only when the laptop is cold. And that it stops happening and he can game for hours. I am at my wits end how a loose cable would cause blinking only when cold and not at other times.

@LightAnton correct me please if i understood your issue wrong.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited March 2019
    You're correct @sri369! However this problem may also be related to some edp cable fault, regardless of whether the notebook is cold or hot!
    I also asked him to check if the same problem occurs on the external monitor to see if there is a problem with the graphics chip, because he said that this problem occurs when the notebook is cold! Who generates the image for the monitor, is the video card intel hd!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• sri369
    You're correct @sri369! However this problem may also be related to some edp cable fault, regardless of whether the notebook is cold or hot!
    I also asked him to check if the same problem occurs on the external monitor to see if there is a problem with the graphics chip, because he said that this problem occurs when the notebook is cold! Who generates the image for the monitor, is the video card intel hd!
    @egydiocoelho Got it, thank you.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------