What is this stuff inside my laptop? Found it during cleaning after a long while.

Nits95
Nits95 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

Answers

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Why does this look like battery discharge waste for me, like you know when any car battery leaks n such.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • tobimaru
    tobimaru Member Posts: 315 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Looks like burnt up or slightly melted styrofoam to me. Hard to say for sure though. Is it easily removed or is it sticky/viscous?
  • Nits95

Tinkerer

tobimaru said:
    Looks like burnt up or slightly melted styrofoam to me. Hard to say for sure though. Is it easily removed or is it sticky/viscous?
    That's what I thought too. It wasnt very sticky but I had to use a brush to remove it. My computer runs at very high temperatures (90 degrees celcius) most of the time and maybe that could be the reason for the melted the Styrofoam. But why is it leaking out of the fan pipes?

• Nits95

Tinkerer

Still waiting for an answer. 
  • strider16
    strider16 Member Posts: 123 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Nits95 said:
    That's what I thought too. It wasnt very sticky but I had to use a brush to remove it. My computer runs at very high temperatures (90 degrees celcius) most of the time and maybe that could be the reason for the melted the Styrofoam. But why is it leaking out of the fan pipes?

If it has leaked from heatpipes, this is the fluid which make it actually works. You need to send it to warranty or repair, since the cooling isn't working as it should. If you keep using it like this, it will probably get soldering problems in very short term.
    Nothing peaks at the same time...
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/33054103

• JohnCena
    JohnCena Member Posts: 460 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    edited March 2019
    Lol it is so weird. What is near of it? I mean hardware component.