BIOS 1.24 update

lukeantonissen
lukeantonissen Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Did someone update their bios to 1.24?
I was hoping it would fix the keyboard 30 sec off function.
But in the German community, they said it did not fix the keyboard problem.
So why should we update it?

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Unfortunately this version in bios has not yet fixed the problem with the keyboard! Who reported this, was colleague kno63! I'm pretty sure that Acer will relaunch this bios because the recovery recovery procedure can not be made available to users!
    If your notebook has no defects, I do not recommend upgrading the bios!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Hi all,

An "Keyboard Lighting Timeout" option will be added to the BIOS menu in a future update version 1.25, this will allow users to Disable the option to have the Keyboard Backlight on at all times when on AC power only, if the unit is on Battery power, it will work as intended (30 sec. timeout). 

We will update and notify when the BIOS update becomes available for download Drivers&Manual official page

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Unfortunately this version in bios has not yet fixed the problem with the keyboard! Who reported this, was colleague kno63! I'm pretty sure that Acer will relaunch this bios because the recovery recovery procedure can not be made available to users!
    If your notebook has no defects, I do not recommend upgrading the bios!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Zero_dB
    Zero_dB Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Many user in thailand try it already ... kb light still not fix
  • charliegarg
    charliegarg Member Posts: 31 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Zero_dB said:
    Many user in thailand try it already ... kb light still not fix
    i think i have made a big mistake shifting from hp to Acer. Very slow customer support 
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Answer ✓
    Hi all,

An "Keyboard Lighting Timeout" option will be added to the BIOS menu in a future update version 1.25, this will allow users to Disable the option to have the Keyboard Backlight on at all times when on AC power only, if the unit is on Battery power, it will work as intended (30 sec. timeout). 

We will update and notify when the BIOS update becomes available for download Drivers&Manual official page

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny 
  • lukeantonissen

Tinkerer

edited March 2019
    Hi all,

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny 
    If this is true, I will personally come to the guys and girls working on the code for the bios update with a box of cookies :).
  • redragon
    redragon Member Posts: 6 New User
    Hi all,

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny 
    sorry for my english i'am from quebec city is 100% french heheh

when do you think
    than version 1.25  of bios will be available

and she will be where for  disable option: 30 sec. timeout in AC power
    on bios?

thank you for answer ????

• chromey
    chromey Member Posts: 39 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Hi all,

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny 
    Not KB-timer related, but would it be possible to add the option to bios to change display output from the Intel integrated graphics to discrete Gpu?
    Obviously that would disable optimus & decrease battery life, but would allow g-sync/freesync for supported panels.

I upgraded my panel to N156HHE-GA1, which support's G-Sync/Adaptive sync, but cant enable it from Nvidia control panel since the display input is to the Intel integrated UHD630, which doesnt support it atleast yet..
  • KedWalker
    KedWalker Member Posts: 33 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Hi all,

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny 

Hi i suggest you to add feature to limit battery charging like asus did to limit battery charged to 80% to extend battery lifespan

• redragon
    redragon Member Posts: 6 New User
    redragon said:
    Hi all,

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny 

ok is good
    the option in bios
    going beings
    where, in menu of bios? moores details please

and version 1.25
    go out when approximate ??

a date is coming out for version 1.25, I'm waiting impatiently
    Thank you for answer 

when do you think

on bios?

• lukeantonissen

Tinkerer

edited March 2019
    redragon said:
    redragon said:
    Hi all,

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny 

ok is good
    the option in bios
    going beings
    where, in menu of bios? moores details please

and version 1.25
    go out when approximate ??

a date is coming out for version 1.25, I'm waiting impatiently
    Thank you for answer 

when do you think

on bios?

What I understand is, the option Wil be available in the bios (your motherboard software simply explaind) so when u start you laptop or pc press F2 than the bios menu Wil open. 
  • walno
    walno Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi all,

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny 
    Thank you, really looking forward to this.  I'm also suffering from the 30 second keyboard timeout.
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Hi lukeantonissen -  What is the exact model of your unit?

Thanks in advance, 
    Acer-Manny
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    edited March 2019
    Hi chromey and KedWalker,

Thank you all for the suggestions and feedback but unfortunately i have no information that we plan to have this changes in the near future, just clarify the Acer Community (Forum Discussions), were designed as a peer to peer support community where Acer users help other Acer users with their questions or troubleshooting inquiries.

Although this community is not a direct portal to Customer service, Acer employees may read the various topics posted here and you will notice that some Acer moderators may interact with members when appropriate. (case by case basis).

But primarily the community is a place where members can exchange their own advice, ideas, articles with knowledge and troubleshooting techniques etc. The Acer community is not design for direct customer support consultation, case status, complaints, parts requests/orders or sponsorship/donations request, please use the appropriate channel/sources for your particular request. 

If you need technical assistance you can go to our page https://www.acer.com/worldwide/ where you can select the country of your location and under support tab you can find the available service centers and technical support phone numbers.   

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Hi all,

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny 
    Hi all,

I want to follow up and inform that the BIOS update version 1.25 for model A715-72G is out for download from our official Drivers and Manuals page here.

Note: Please keep in mind that models: 
    A717-72G
    AN515-52
    AN515-53
    PH315-51 

should be also included, please check periodically for updates.

Thanks for patience,
    Acer-Manny 
  • charliegarg
    charliegarg Member Posts: 31 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Hi all,

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny 
    Hi all,

I want to follow up and inform that the BIOS update version 1.25 for model A715-72G is out for download from our official Drivers and Manuals page here.

Note: Please keep in mind that models: 
    A717-72G
    AN515-52
    AN515-53
    PH315-51  

should be also included, please check periodically for updates.

Thanks for patience,
    Acer-Manny 
     when the update come for AN515-52
  • the an515-52 model has the same bios as the a715-72g

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• lukeantonissen

Tinkerer

Hi lukeantonissen -  What is the exact model of your unit?

Thanks in advance, 
    Acer-Manny
    it is AN515-52 :)
  • edwin2019
    edwin2019 Member Posts: 1 New User
    There is another problem with bios v1.24 that i am facing. The brightness control no longer works.
  • lukeantonissen

Tinkerer

the an515-52 model has the same bios as the a715-72g
    Does this mean i can download bios 1.25 on that page for my AN515-52?
  • hayz3doubt
    hayz3doubt Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

the an515-52 model has the same bios as the a715-72g
    Does this mean i can download bios 1.25 on that page for my AN515-52?
    I have the an515-53 and I'm impatiently waiting as well. Really hoping the official update gets posted soon.